Underclocking a CPU (you saw this right)

I just got the scare of my life...

I ran that program you linked me to Amish Kid, haha, and I found the chipset name which it asked to do, and said to apply it.

I heard a beep, and the mouse froze...

I reset, nothing, "no input signal". It had died...

I was trying to find the manual to find what the error 6.6 meant, but thats normal I've found now, yet, nothing was coming up on screen.

I reset the Cmos though, and YES, it worked!!!

I'm NOT trying that again... :p

Strangley though, MSN doesn't work now, and AVG is grey in the task bar...no idea what that means. Plus, the computer wanted to find drivers for a new hardware...

Yeah, I just figured that out :p

December 2003 it thought it was...

usually the multiplier is locked. But u should be able to change the fsb :confused: Atleast I can make it anything between 100 and 400 if I remember correctly, default being 200. Ohh, and I think FSB is the same thing as bus speed.

Hmm, I might have a go with the VCore with my cpu, maybe I can bring the temps down a little.

edit: omg, my VCore doesn't like being changed. It was running at 1.6, so I went to the bios and chose 1.585 or something like that. But now it's running at like 1.64 :D Might be best if I'd just leave it on 'auto'

I'm running on completly the lowest settings the bios allowed. It had limits like (minium allowed, 200), so thats all I could put, and the voltages, there were only selection boxes, with about 6 listed, and the lowest were already running.

Sorry, the requested page could not be found? Wow...helpful :p

Wouldn't that make things hotter though, from what I can see in the title?...haha

Well it killed mine, and I'm pretty sure I got the right ICS number, because it didn't find it automatically :(

Back
Top Bottom