Coincidence-666 everywhere

connchri said:
Sorry, a bird 'pooped' on me, or what else am I ment to say - they all mean the same. None of us here are exactly 5 years old. It wasn't words like F**k, or B*****D, or perhaps even C**T. Oh, and the B******Ks word that you starred out, hardly a swear word - or perhaps I'm just too much of a farm boy? - as it's a real term used in farms, not swearing. either way, I think your being overly harsh, especially with the threat of a Permament Ban. Perhaps you've got too much time on your hands. I've seen others get 3 day bans for much more - such as messing with others accounts.

Oh, and you missed out a S**t - 4th last word on the 1st paragraph.

A warning should've been enough - and giving within one of the "third time you've used offensive words in your last few posts" posts , instead of acting the big man. I've just checked my 30 odd last 'few' posts as well, and no swear words to be seen* , so there seems to be a slight exageration some where. I'm not saying I don't do it, but you gotta calm it a bit mate. That sorta carry on infuriates some folk.

PS. Meaning of the word B*****ks
*"wtf"; June 4th, forum 'wtf is wrong with WMP'

"bollocks"; forum; 'Coincidence 666 everywhere'

These two, plus this latest one makes three, by my calculations

Before you defend wtf, I know that this phrase is accepted in some quarters, but to me & some others, it's the same as the phrase spelt out, so strike three?, & don't tell me to "calm it mate", I'm not your mate.

Oh & the Concise Oxford Dictionary definition of bollocks; "vulgar slang for the testicles", my case rests, as I used to say to the judge, I used to be a legal clerk taking offenders to court for a firm of lawyers, so, how say you?

Brookfield said:

Before you defend wtf, I know that this phrase is accepted in some quarters, but to me & some others, it's the same as the phrase spelt out, so strike three?, & don't tell me to "calm it mate", I'm not your mate.

Oh & the Concise Oxford Dictionary definition of bollocks; "vulgar slang for the testicles", my case rests, as I used to say to the judge, I used to be a legal clerk taking offenders to court for a firm of lawyers, so, how say you?

Before you defend wtf, I know that this phrase is accepted in some quarters, but to me & some others - It's three letters, there used throughout CF by a good whack of people, where's their warnings? Hardly swearing, mind you, you get a gold medal for making up the numbers with it.

Besides, brain of Britain, if you care to look into the post on that thread "Wtf is Wrong with WMP11!?" and actually read my post, you will not see "Wtf" posted by me anywhere. It was used in the thread title, not by me - and my post hasn't been edited. Where were you doing your duty on Paradoxs' initial post to start that thread and he posted worse than Wtf! (sorry Paradox, but I needed an example)? duhh...... You've just lost your gold medal.

If you'd care to look through and read all 600 odd of my posts, you'll find the majority (95% +) are pretty pleasent, straight forward, and in as good english as time would allow while typing it out.

Ban me all you want, I give far more help than I recieve (I don't hold that against anyone - You all still help me when I need it). The experience is sorta ruined anyway with mods being as threating, heavy and as personal as you. 'Vulgar Slang' - a very mild form - but I don't class it as that.

Usually I go ape when mods pick on others (Arrixs ban was one a few months ago), and I noticed too you decided to be OTT with Badnija in 'nother riddle'
Brookfield said:
badninja3 said:
jeez guys. lets just drop the confusion. and start over. lol. dang. ur confused about what ur confused about. lol.
Keep out of this.

Hardly proffesional or polite. Yet, he had the best idea and was completely nutural. If he'd to be kept out of it, why post it in a public thread - why not post what he had to be 'kept out of' to someone by PM? Too trigger happy and too eager to bite - not the way to be a mod.

"Not your mate" - How unpleasant, but damb right.

I used to be a legal clerk taking offenders to court for a firm of lawyers - Very good, you want a gold medal? My mothers a Clerk also. I personally am doing Engineering at Edinburgh Uni, signed up to the Navy for 15years as an engineering officer and hopefully can do a bit of duty for our country. Wheres my brownie points?

I'm sorry, but I've only started to notice your posts recently, and your not the friendliest of members. Mod or not, you've no respect from me. Of course, I don't expect it to bother you, O'l Chap.

Brookfield said:

I hate to question your authoritory, but giving him a hard time over using 'wtf' is rather pathetic. Why might you ask? Because it gets used all the time on here. I know that when you see it you may just see it as the full sentance, but if your going to use that against him, then you are going to have to start using it against everyone else who uses it as well. (Including myself)

I've seen it get used by others serveral times, even did it myself once, And not once have I seen another mod get bent out of shape over it. "bollocks' a bad word? pft, i'm a 17 year old american, I go to a public high school, i've heard just about everyword in the english language that can even be considered offensive, and I fail to see whats so 'vulgar' about this one.
Odds are, most people on here don't even know what that word means.

Oh, and since you're gonna jump on him for that, you may as well go after everyone else who is using the more offending words such as hell, damn, ass, etc. If not, then as far as i'm concerned you are not fulfilling your position as a moderator.

And on another note, I have to ask, did you warn him of these past 'offenses'? You said he had two previous offenses, and you would normally ban him for this third offense.. As a moderator, I believe it would be in your best interest to do so...

WTF is your guys problems!! :D

Haha, just ligheting (sp) up the mood.

connchri said:
The experience is sorta ruined anyway with mods being as threating, heavy and as personal as you.

Err..? Was that a personal blow, or a blow to all the mods? Sure hope Im not preceived as threatening....

Anyways, guys, calm down, please. And if you do argue, dont swear. And just dont use WTF in this thread. Others, sure I dont see a problem with it, but not this one. Im sure you can tell why.

As for me, im not going to lock it, or edit anything out. Just count this as a fair warning. Warning for locking the thread, not for bans.

no Arrizx, it was a personal blow, not a global one. Sorry for the confusion, but the guy has to calm down.

It's only a trivial thing but like all his other 'warnings' and posts to other members, he's warning was way too hostile. If he acknoledge this, instead of being all smarty arty with pointing out my post where I supposidly swore (Which upon further investigation, it wasn't me saying wtf) I wouldn't of minded. His point is duly noted, but his attitude stinks and he's too quick on the trigger on an oversized gun. Metaphorically speaking.

He shouldn't be a mod.

Opinion.

connchri said:
Before you defend wtf, I know that this phrase is accepted in some quarters, but to me & some others - It's three letters, there used throughout CF by a good whack of people, where's their warnings? Hardly swearing, mind you, you get a gold medal for making up the numbers with it.

Besides, brain of Britain, if you care to look into the post on that thread "Wtf is Wrong with WMP11!?" and actually read my post, you will not see "Wtf" posted by me anywhere. It was used in the thread title, not by me - and my post hasn't been edited. Where were you doing your duty on Paradoxs' initial post to start that thread and he posted worse than Wtf! (sorry Paradox, but I needed an example)? duhh...... You've just lost your gold medal.

If you'd care to look through and read all 600 odd of my posts, you'll find the majority (95% +) are pretty pleasent, straight forward, and in as good english as time would allow while typing it out.

Ban me all you want, I give far more help than I recieve (I don't hold that against anyone - You all still help me when I need it). The experience is sorta ruined anyway with mods being as threating, heavy and as personal as you. 'Vulgar Slang' - a very mild form - but I don't class it as that.

Usually I go ape when mods pick on others (Arrixs ban was one a few months ago), and I noticed too you decided to be OTT with Badnija in 'nother riddle'

Hardly proffesional or polite. Yet, he had the best idea and was completely nutural. If he'd to be kept out of it, why post it in a public thread - why not post what he had to be 'kept out of' to someone by PM? Too trigger happy and too eager to bite - not the way to be a mod.

"Not your mate" - How unpleasant, but damb right.

I used to be a legal clerk taking offenders to court for a firm of lawyers - Very good, you want a gold medal? My mothers a Clerk also. I personally am doing Engineering at Edinburgh Uni, signed up to the Navy for 15years as an engineering officer and hopefully can do a bit of duty for our country. Wheres my brownie points?

I'm sorry, but I've only started to notice your posts recently, and your not the friendliest of members. Mod or not, you've no respect from me. Of course, I don't expect it to bother you, O'l Chap.
Don't want your respect, & I couldn't care less whether I'm not the friendliest of members,....strange that, for an unfriendly guy, I got a lot of birthday greetings, even one from a member who said he didn't particularly like me, o'l chap.

Er, damb is spelt with an "n".

Not the way to be a mod, oh yes, it is when I have to deal with certain members, I am going to ask David to have a look at your posts, and mine, I've got nothing to hide, you'd have been long gone if Seti had dealt with you.

Sorry that you don't agree with one of the world leading dictionaries by the way.

OMG WTF RTFM!

Brookfield said:
strange that, for an unfriendly guy, I got a lot of birthday greetings, even one from a member who said he didn't particularly like me, o'l chap.

What can I say, this forum is full of 14 year old ass kissers!

Delta said:
OMG WTF RTFM!

What can I say, this forum is full of 14 year old ass kissers!
What can I say, but hmmm, plus we're not all so cynical as you, isn't that right guys?

Back
Top Bottom