Decent GFX Card?

and what specs will i need on my motherboard cuz i think i have one PCI slot open and one PCI-e 1x open too and not to sure if i need AGP or even if i have it

MikeReiner said:
yes, the 7600GT is an nVidia class card, although you will find a lot of other companies manufacturing it.

Yes, newegg is a good site to buy from. I bought mine from there... In fact, here is the exact one I bought.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130283

Looks like the price dropped $10 since I got it (about 3 or 4 weeks ago now)

NVidia makes the GPU, in this case the 7600GT. Brands like Evga or XTX make the actual card using NVidia's GPU

MarxSoccer said:
NVidia makes the GPU, in this case the 7600GT. Brands like Evga or XTX make the actual card using NVidia's GPU
Yeah I know. Just didn't feel like getting even remotely technical :p

Some companies like to tinker with the GPU and memory clock though.. i'll never understand why some of them throttle it..

V3RT1G0 said:
and what specs will i need on my motherboard cuz i think i have one PCI slot open and one PCI-e 1x open too and not to sure if i need AGP or even if i have it

You don't need AGP to use a PCI-E card. As long as you have a PCI-E Slot and a decent power supply, it should work.

MarxSoccer said:
yea i noticed they just use the nvidia chipset and they manufacture the board its on... well ill go with that link you gave me i guess now just got to save up a little more

V3RT1G0 said:
yea i noticed they just use the nvidia chipset and they manufacture the board its on... well ill go with that link you gave me i guess now just got to save up a little more

You'll be glad you did, cs source runs at 1024x768, all details maxed, HDR Full, 16x anistropic filtering.. runs very nicely. (Although using both HDR and AA makes it slightly sluggish..)

Wait a moment, you need a PCI-E x 16 slot, not x 1. Make sure you have one of those. It should be a longer PCI-looking slot with a clip on the end, and make sure it isn't AGP!

MikeReiner said:
You'll be glad you did, cs source runs at 1024x768, all details maxed, HDR Full, 16x anistropic filtering.. runs very nicely. (Although using both HDR and AA makes it slightly sluggish..)
sounds good lol... and by enough power supply, will the power box on my Dell E310 stock work for the card? and where to i put the board when i get it? (PCI or PCI-e)

Ah, thats true. Needs to be the longer 16x type (although I have never seen a board with a PCI-E 1x slot and no PCI-E 16x slot..)

Yeah, post your motherboard dude, that way we can make sure.

V3RT1G0 said:
sounds good lol... and by enough power supply, will the power box on my Dell E310 stock work for the card? and where to i put the board when i get it? (PCI or PCI-e)

310 watts? heck no. You may want to invest in a new Power supply it seems.

The card will only fit in a PCI-E 16x slot.

alright heres my motherboard (its all stock from dell) and no the model of my computer is the e310 i dont know how much power my power box has

IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

sorry the pics arent that clear and theres also some info on the dell site if u guys need more

Back
Top Bottom