Download Festival 2006

SirVal

In Runtime
Friday =D

I'm there w00t!

Don't spoze anyone else is going?

So many awesome bands in one place, can't wait!

Ah sorry, it's basically the UK's biggest Rock and Metal festival, held once a year, 80,000 people going. spread over 3 days!

Where abouts is that, is that anything to do with the feastival season in Edinburgh? I've only been here for about 2 months so I don't fully know the ropes yet when it comes to local activities. Seemenly over the months of June and Augest 2.6Million visitors come to the City for these 'festivities'.

I'm looking forward to it though. I've decided to rent out 2 rooms in my flat to tourists, hopefully it'll help the bank balance.

In Edinburgh, or the other festival thingy?

Here's an information page about the Edinburgh festivities over Augest. Should have a list of all thats there. Some of it sounds rubbish, but some of it's real good. Specially the Military Tattoo (check out the homepage - I like that. It's got the Lion king and all that in it this year.

Seriously, with the ammount of tourism here, that standard population of the place at any giving time is about 40% Scottish, 15% English, 30% American/Canadian/Australia and the rest European. During the Festivities, the total of Scotish and English put together is about %20. Unreal man, but I love that about Edinburgh, people from all over the world and so multicultural.

If I'd live in the UK I'd definitely go. But since I don't and I really don't have much money I'm not going.

Myself and Mark are going. I'm going up today, Mark will be arriving tomorrow. =)

Back
Top Bottom