Visual C++..Question.

tetrahydrex

In Runtime
Salutations,

I have Visual C++ .NET 2003 Enterprise Edition.

If I use this to design a windows forms application in it, will I still get the original power and efficiency of C++? or is it going to use some .NET thing?

And where can i find a decent beginners tutorial for it?

I am using the one that enables me to visually design forms.

Thank You.

whether or not you use the dot net features depends entierly on whether you use the dot net classes.

using VC++.net it's still perfectly possible to write C applications that run in a simple DOS box on practically any machine. (with or without .net).

so... it really depends on what you are doing.
though having never written a program that makes use of the dot net framework I couldn't tell you what components do, (or do not) use the .net framework.

oh,

thank you :)

but I wrote a simple application in Dev C++ (console application), and i booted from an MS-DOS bootdisk and ran it, and it said this application cannot be run in DOS mode :(
could you help me?

In your first post you say that you created an application to make asimple windows form applcation...

you can't open windows forms in dos mode.

also you need to be aware of the program you are creating, a 32bit console application with extensions can not be run in a 16 bit dos environment.

Well, it sort of lets you write for MS-DOS. It allows you to write console code in Dev-C++ natively without reconfiguring a bunch of stuff. If you really, REALLY must write C/C++ code for actual MS-DOS and not a Windows console application, then try dowloading and using an older compiler like Borland Turbo C++ ver. 2.0. Its available free from a link on this page, www.thefreecountry.com . Otherwise, stick with VC++ or Dev-C++.

sorry...i meant console aplpication without forms in Dev-C++, separate from the Visual C++ thing.

OH, how do I change it to 16 bit mode?

Back
Top Bottom