New computer software?

@original poster. sygate is free. go on download.com or something. it is not on the symantec site any more. yea mozilla is good

Sygate is no longer on download.com or on symantics website.

I was able to find it on another website though... but if it aint being updated... then i don't know how good it will be.

SO, AVG, ad aware, and zone alarm, are these to be running in the background ALL the time?

P.S, Zone alarm costs 50 dollars.

Is a firewall really necesary, i don't want to waste 50 bucks.

i use uh.. windows defender beta and adaware. this nvidia firewall that came with the hardward and the normal windows firewall. nothing big.

ddman said:
Sygate is no longer on download.com or on symantics website.

I was able to find it on another website though... but if it aint being updated... then i don't know how good it will be.

SO, AVG, ad aware, and zone alarm, are these to be running in the background ALL the time?

P.S, Zone alarm costs 50 dollars.

Is a firewall really necesary, i don't want to waste 50 bucks.

Yes a firewall is necessary. And the normal Zone Alarm is free, the pro version costs.

AVG Antivirus, Spybot Search and Destry, and Adaware. As for a software firewall, I don't use any. I stick with my router as a firewall.

And don't use MS IE. Use either Mozilla Firefox or Opera as your webbrowser.

By the way, I figured I should post this.

My PC:
Microsoft Windows XP Pro Service Pack 1
Zero updates/patches installed.
Zero software firewalls.
Zero anti-virus programmes.

All the protection I got is my brain, my router as a hardware firewall, Firefox/Opera, Adaware, and Spybot.

My system is clean. No viruses and I have been running on this install for months. I just did a virus scan yesterday to prove that. BTW, I still don't have any AV installed. Who says Windows is unsecure, it's the user that is unsecure.

-A Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows user.

Back
Top Bottom