my sister is really sick :(

Sounds like the flu.

But the thing is that its 102F only. So, thats not bad enough to go the hospital. (or is it?), but it doesnt matter. Id call in, ask if its a problem, and Im sure that the hospital would like to see her. (Hope you have health insurance).

But I can also guarentee its the flu. I mean hyper/hypo thermia is possible, but highly unliky. Unless its pre stages of the chicken pox. Although, you would know after a few days of it..

I doubt it would by hyperthermia because it wasn't hot or anything. Hyperthermia is where your body absorbs more heat than it can dissapate. It's commonly known as a Heat Stroke or Sunstroke. Hypothermia is when your body temperature significantly below normal and normal metabolism begins to be impaired.

well if this keeps on happening through out the year or for quite along time then she might have diabetes or something immune system related but to me it just sounds like a bad flu

She'll be fine...

My sister is going in for open heart surgery on the 28th....

I'm not worried...

john123 said:
so here's the deal, my 6 year old sister is really sick. she has a fever of 39 degrees celcius (102 farenheit), she complains that her knees hurt, she vomits during the night, and i dono what else.

do you think its something serious? this has been happening for about 3-4 days, and she went to the doctor yesterday, and shes going back tomorow. for you health-geeks, is it just the flu and it will pass, or should we be worried because it is more serious? i think she got it from sitting in our pool for too long on a semi-warm day :(

help
I know you're anxious for your little sister, but with due respect, why ask us?, I'm sure your parents will act responsibly. :)

Back
Top Bottom