New Computer

Gnarly

Baseband Member
So. My parents decided to buy me a new computer. I was expecting a Desktop which i then could tweak and such after I got it. But instead I got a laptop.........my problem is that my memory is amazingly low.. 128MB to be exact not enough to run my favorite game CS source. Everything else on my computer is totally fit to run CS source. so I need to upgrade my memory but i'm not quite sure as I have never worked on laptops, and I hear your really not supposed to fuck around with laptops, so i was wondering if you guys new how i could upgrade it at least to 512MB or so? :confused:
I have a Dell Inspiron 1300 and 1.7Ghz celeron processor and a pretty decent graphics card (not really sure which make and model it is)

dude, you got a freaking dell inspiron for gaming :p :rolleyes: :eek: ????

say goodbye to gaming on that thing.

Processors
Learn More
Available processors:
Intel® Pentium® M 735 Processor (1.70GHz, 400MHz FSB, 2MB Cache)
Intel® Celeron® M 370 Processor (1.50 GHz, 400MHz FSB, 1MB Cache)
Intel® Celeron® M 360 Processor (1.40 GHz, 400MHz FSB, 1MB Cache)

Operating Systems
Learn More
Genuine Windows® XP Professional Edition
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition

Can run Windows VistaTM when properly configured.
See www.dell.com/vista for details.

Office Suites & Productivity
Learn More
Standard:
WordPerfect®

Optional:
Microsoft® Works Suite
WordPerfect® Office 12
Microsoft® Office 2003 Basic Edition
Microsoft® Office 2003 Small Business Edition
Microsoft® Office 2003 Professional Edition

Memory
Learn More
256 MB shared1 DDR SDRAM standard, upgradable to 1 GB
2 SoDIMM sockets, both are user-accessible

Power
Learn More
Battery:
4-cell Lithium Ion battery (29 WHr):
- Up to 2:09 hours battery life with Celeron processor2
- Up to 2:31 hours with Pentium processor3
6-cell Lithium Ion battery (56Whr):
- Up to 4:18 hours battery life with Celeron processor4
- Up to 4:56 hours with Pentium processor5

AC Adapter:
Input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC
Input current (maximum): 1.5 A, frequency: 47-63 Hz
Output current: 3.16A continuous
Output power: 60W standard
Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.14" (29.0mm) x 1.95" (49.5mm) x 4.5" (114.5mm)
Weight (with cables): 0.60 lbs. (0.27 kg)

Umm....,.what can I say, Latops are not designed to be a gaming machine. If you want even a decent gaming machine you would have to spend an arm and a leg. Your mother should have consulted you first since she was buying it for you.

you really can't expect to do any hardcore gaming with that computer.. 128mb ram is just insane, i can't imagine having to use that, surely your desktop has more... power... and the celeron processor just totally kills it, they suck.. for everything.

Yeah I know
I would use my desktop but it got fried during a power surge, hence why i got my new laptop. And I don't currently have enough money to afford a decent desktop. but can anyone tell me how I can at least upgrade my memory on my piece of crap laptop?

I built mine , one of the lucky ones that got a got a good Gigabyte Nforce MOB,with and AMD 3700 Clawhammer 2.47 ghz,1gig of DDR 400mhz,with a Nividia Geforce 7800GT 256 DDR, 21" IBM Monitor, 2 hhd a scavenged 120gig and a 160 gig both Maxtors, DVDR ( sony ), built this for just under $1000
this is my gaming sys

Back
Top Bottom