GeForce 7950 - 1024MB GDDR3

Yeah, the 7950 GX2 isn't that great. If you really want it, wait for nVIDIA to release better drivers because the current drivers for Quad SLI suck. Like Ownage said, two X1900 XTX's in CrossFire will be right on four 7950 GX2's in Quad SLI.

yah man thats like 2gbs of vid card ownage. I bet if they ran a test comparing the X1900XTX the new 7950GX2 would bet it...

Wow. Get it right dude.

ONE 7950 GX2 has TWO PCB's. Each PCB has a 7900 GTX core on it with 512mb of GDDR3. So one 7950 GX2 has 1gb of GDDR3. Get it?

i Dont think they can quad sli it your quad just by having two of those cards lol and why quad those cards when they having problems with quad SLI

alvino said:
Wow. Get it right dude.

ONE 7950 GX2 has TWO PCB's. Each PCB has a 7900 GTX core on it with 512mb of GDDR3. So one 7950 GX2 has 1gb of GDDR3. Get it?

my mistake.

i am sorry.

so really, it isnt anything special.

it is basically 2 7900gtx's with only like one heatsink....i think.

Nope. That's what sucks. Basically two cards sandwiched together, and the second card hardly gets any air. So one GX2 is considered "one card" when in reality it's actually two cards that share one PCI-E bus, however, because of the large bandwidth of the PCI-E bus, both cards are able to share 48 lanes together without collateral.

money.jpg

7950-coolers-angle.jpg

NeXuS said:
i Dont think they can quad sli it your quad just by having two of those cards lol and why quad those cards when they having problems with quad SLI

I think you don't get the whole Quad SLI concept. It's not FOUR cards SLI'ed together, it's only two cards. However, those two cards are unique. Each GX2 has two PCB's, so instead of the dual GPU to one PCB like the Gigabyte 3D1 or the ASUS 7800 GT Dual, it has one 7900 GTX core on one PCB with two PCB's interlinked through a special PCI-E bus. Both cards then share one PCI-E bus due to it's high bandwidth.

Back
Top Bottom