NVIDIA or ATI?

£527.52 which is really dear for UK.. thats for the XXX edition..but i think with all this new technology they would of got a higher clock..

Both have their pros and cons. Recently I've liked ATI more.

I like nVIDIA because they run cooler, use less energy, are relatively cheap, and for those who must have SLI, it's an already proven and mature system of having dual-cards. However, I like ATI because of their smart moves in architecture improvements like the R520 and R580's 512-bit Memory Ring Bus which is very unique and has A LOT of bandwidth, not to mention the initial move into the 90nm process. They also have better AA and AF than nVIDIA does, not to mention AVIVO, which is similar to nVIDIA's PureVideo, but you don't need to pay $30 extra to get the PureVideo encoder in order to experience High-Def videos. AVIVO is free out of the box. :)

So I guess it really depends.

ATi has more headroom than Nvidia. Even with 16 pixel pipelines, ATi can still keep up with Nvidia and their 24 pipelines. ATi's uniquely designed 512-bit, yes 512-bit ring bus provides the bandwidth needed in the card, which causes the greater amount of transistors which in terms means more heat. With the ring bus they can support 512-bit memory bandwidth while Nvidia doesnt use it.

I would go with ATI just a preference, no idea why, but i have no problems with nvidia

FamousAmiZ said:
NVIDIA!!!!!!!!!!!! SLI W/ 7900GTX!!!!! w00t BABY!

u have two 7900gtx's, first of all, how du u cool ur system cuz i hear they run really hot.

second of all...omfg i hate u.

NeXuS said:
Nope ATI always they have more power have you look at this thing it comes with watercooling by factory woah!!!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102018

that looks really cool, watercooling in ur pci slot. well water cooling for ur vid card, i dont know if it could handle a cpu.

he he he, i just found this pic on google...he he dont knwo why i am posting it.
2005-09-05_cooling-liquid.png

Back
Top Bottom