trojan-zlob

harrk029

Beta member
Can anyone Help?

Me and my friend rosie are "attempting" to delete a virus from the computer. the virus trojan-zlob. after browsing and downloading every anti virus software going and after a 7 hour scan on a 240gb hard-drive it was finally deleted. BUT! while going through the regestry we came across these :-

trojandownloader.win32.zlob.ci
trojanwin32.startpage.adh

We are in desprate need of help. Cant afford to through away the computer or formatt it as rosie has hundreds of pounds of music in iTunes and so much work and millions of files.

If any one can help we would be the most of grateful. We are currently doing out gcse's in GNVQ ICT so we need the computer. Please Help!!!

Katie Harris

whats that ment to mean? It's not attention deficit, im just ingoring you... ? its not as easy as that the virus has hijacked everything, you cant get in to anything.

harrk029 said:
whats that ment to mean? It's not attention deficit, im just ingoring you... ?
Thats his signature, he wasn't saying that directley to you, it is auto added to every post he makes.

harrk029 said:
Can anyone Help?

Me and my friend rosie are "attempting" to delete a virus from the computer. the virus trojan-zlob. after browsing and downloading every anti virus software going and after a 7 hour scan on a 240gb hard-drive it was finally deleted. BUT! while going through the regestry we came across these :-

We are in desprate need of help. Cant afford to through away the computer or formatt it as rosie has hundreds of pounds of music in iTunes and so much work and millions of files.

If any one can help we would be the most of grateful. We are currently doing out gcse's in GNVQ ICT so we need the computer. Please Help!!!

Katie Harris

When you say you've tried EVERY anti-virus... which ones have you infact tried? List the ones you've tried.

Short of a reformat, maybe try a system restore? I assume you're running Windows XP?

harrk029 said:
Can anyone Help?

Katie Harris
try this... no guarantee if, messing around with the registery is risky, but so is a virus.

1. Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP).
2. Update the virus definitions.
3. Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected.
4. Delete any values added to the registry.
Navigate to the subkey and delete value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run
Value: "nvctrl.exe" = "nvctrl.exe"

Navigate to and delete the following subkeys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{724510C3-F3C8-4FB7-879A-D99F29008A2F}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
\{724510C3-F3C8-4FB7-879A-D99F29008A2F}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objecta

5. Exit the Registry Editor.
***If it makes changes to Windows registry that may prevent you from running executable files. A tool to reset registry values to the default value is available for download. Click Here.

6. Reset the Internet Explorer home page.
a) Start Microsoft Internet Explorer.
b) Connect to the Internet, and then go to the page that you want to set as your home page.
c) Click Tools > Internet Options.
d) In the Home page section of the General tab, click Use Current > OK.

7. Reset the Internet Explorer search page.
b) Click the Search button on the toolbar.
c) In the Search pane, click Customize.
d) Click Reset.
e) Click Autosearch Settings.
f) Select a search site from the drop-down list, and then click OK.
g) Click OK.

8. In order to make sure that trojan zlob.f is completely eliminated from your computer, carry out a full scan of your computer using AntiVirus and Antispyware Software. Another way to delete the virus using various Antivirus Program without the need to install can be done with Online Virus Scanner.

harrk029 said:
whats that ment to mean? It's not attention deficit, im just ingoring you... ? its not as easy as that the virus has hijacked everything, you cant get in to anything.

thats his sig, he doesnt mean it.

recon 16 said:
try this... no guarantee if, messing around with the registery is risky, but so is a virus.

1. Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP).
2. Update the virus definitions.
3. Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected.
4. Delete any values added to the registry.
Navigate to the subkey and delete value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run
Value: "nvctrl.exe" = "nvctrl.exe"

Navigate to and delete the following subkeys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{724510C3-F3C8-4FB7-879A-D99F29008A2F}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objecta

5. Exit the Registry Editor.
***If it makes changes to Windows registry that may prevent you from running executable files. A tool to reset registry values to the default value is available for download. Click Here.

6. Reset the Internet Explorer home page.
b) Connect to the Internet, and then go to the page that you want to set as your home page.
c) Click Tools > Internet Options.
d) In the Home page section of the General tab, click Use Current > OK.

7. Reset the Internet Explorer search page.
b) Click the Search button on the toolbar.
c) In the Search pane, click Customize.
d) Click Reset.
e) Click Autosearch Settings.
f) Select a search site from the drop-down list, and then click OK.
g) Click OK.

8. In order to make sure that trojan zlob.f is completely eliminated from your computer, carry out a full scan of your computer using AntiVirus and Antispyware Software. Another way to delete the virus using various Antivirus Program without the need to install can be done with Online Virus Scanner.
did that work?

Back
Top Bottom