No fan on graphics card?

Washington

In Runtime
Hi,

I just installed the following graphics card on my brothers computer -

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/104775/rb/19625463755

Its a ATI Radeon X550 PCI Express card and it seems to run okay (After initial installation problems!)

Anyway I'm a bit worried about the fact that it doesn't have a fan on it. Is this okay to run without a fan? I installed the ATI Control Panel, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere that I can find the temperature level. Also installed Everest, but again it doesn't give a graphics card readout. All other temperatures are the same as they were before the installation.

Will it be okay?? I just built this pc and its been running very smoothly. I don't want to knacker it now!

Thanks.

if it's a retail package and it didn't come with a fan then it doesn't need a fan.
And since the computer is running fine the temps are not too hot.

And as nik already said, most of the lower end cards don't use fans.

Yeah, my Geforce 2mx400 I had before a capacitor fell off (dont ask) only had a heatsink.

Cheers guys, I feel better now.

I know it's a low end card, but for £30 it's a lot better than the onboard graphics he was using. Plus it freed up the 64mb the onboard graphics was taking up.

Thanks again

Yeah, my Geforce 2mx400 I had before a capacitor fell off (dont ask) only had a heatsink.

Thats a fairly easy fix, all you need to do is buy a new one and solder it on. And that could only happen if it was too hot. I mean really hot as if you took a heatsouce to the soder holding it in place...

Kage what have you been doing :)

No idea. It was in an old PC, and I noticed that thecapactiors and that could bend really easily.

Anyway, I took it out and somehow, the capacitor simply fell off.

Its too late now anyway :( Its in the bin.

usually if u bought it retail and it didnt come w/ one it should be fine unless its gettng to hot in their

No, not if its not overheating...

Though, i guess you could put it another way. Are video cards with fans better? Yes, because there more powerful :p

Back
Top Bottom