Info on AMD

xTc

Baseband Member
hi all, i have a small request. i am starting a job as a computer sales person soon and i want to learn all that i can b4 i start the job. 1 major aspect i am missing in my knowledge about computers is AMDs. Would any1 be able to outline me on some AMD info i would need to be a good sales person. any relevant information would be greatly appreciated.

One thing i know about AMD is they are better for gaming. Not sure why this is, more cycles per clock or something like that.
Intel is more for video editing, etc.
Anyone say if im gettin this completely wrong btw.

well the thing u need to know is that amds perform alot better than an intel with the same clock speed. There will be many people who are going like, I don't want that amd 3500+ it has only 2.2Ghz. I want that celeron which has 2.6Ghz!

That is something that u must know, because if u don't none of the noobs will buy an amd from u :p And just use google, it's very efficient.

yep, even though the P4 has 3.0ghz and the amd has 2.2ghz or 2.4ghz. The Amd chp will give you the best performance. More Mhz, more information per-cycle

Basically intel is a marketing success.

AMD is a CPU success. You get a lot of bang for your buck. Its like going with Nvidida its a great choice because its a lot of bang for your buck type deeal.

Google is your friend, be honset with customers BTW I find that bending the truth though a tad is ok if done in moderation.

i asked a few people should i go intel or amd w/ my new pc and thy said well if your ognna game so go AMD so i was like okay... i dont know why peopel say go amd for gaming

AMD is like more for the "gamers", as for Pentium, is just casual. AMD is by far the best for gaming, I think this is because they have a built in memory controller..Correct me if Im wrong..

AMD had a better memory controller, that helped a lot. 'Coarse conroe is likely to turn the tide in the CPU war.

Back
Top Bottom