Poll: Do you leave your computer on during the night??

Loud CPU fan.

The 120mm is alright and the PSU...pffsheesh, they don't spin. It's stil running. My guess is the PSU ain't hot.

I only leave it on when I need too. Especially when I'm downloading, I tend to leave it on for a day, or two..

I never leave my computer on all night. First, I don't want to rack up the power bill. Second, my fans are too loud. They're on the lowest speed setting and theres still a whining hum.

This computers in mine and my brothers room so can't really.

Power bill would also become a problem I think, but I don't tend to think of that as a problem mostly, but I guess it would add up.

The only time I'd leave it on all night though was if I was doing a render that I couldn't switch off and it was going to take longer than expected, but for that, I'd probably switch on the slower computer downstairs which doesn't use much power, and give it that to do for a few days or more.

A avg computer wont' use but 200 or 300 watts. I leave mine on quite a bit but I do try and turn it off normally i'll seed torrents for like a week straight (16 hours a day) then i'll do a defrag and for like 2 nights it'll be off.

Its not that good to do a degrag every week...

I've heard that it can minizmie hard drive life, somehow if used too much.

Back
Top Bottom