Poll: Do you leave your computer on during the night??

The only problem with me leaving it on all night is that it gets so hot now in the summer time. The room heats up because of the heat output of my PC. I use AC in the room but without it, it gets very warm in this already hot weather. It was over 100 degrees F. outside this weekend. But the heat feels good in the winter time :)

I dont leave my main computer on overnight, however I do leave some computers that are my personal property on overnight

Server.mayhew.ca (DNS SERVER and PDC for my house, stays on 24 / 7, personal property)
techvideoserver.hwdsb.on.ca (200 Gig fileserver, only used during school hours, school property but I manage it)
mumbojumbo.porkchop.ca (Remote access machinne setup for remote access into the network, my personal property)

Mobile.mayhew.ca also stays on 24 / 7 but is usually in sleep or hibernation.

Ive had my computer on for a good two weeks now. It was gettin really laggy with simple porgrams, so I restarted and back to normal!

badninja3 said:
i only leave it on if im downloading/uploading torrents. other than that, no.

same

And there should be an option 'sometimes' in the poll, I'll put 'no' since most of the nights my computer is turned off.

Back
Top Bottom