Passwording Documents

Pale_Rider91

Solid State Member
Is it possible, that If I make a document, and I don't want anyone to see it, I can make it where you have to put in a password to access it? If so, how do you do it?

Thanks

someone has something to hide from the folks? or the burd?...haha...filth no doubt.

That's one way. Very creative, indeed. What I would do is change the attribute of the folder to hidden and hide it in a directory no one else knows about. Do this if no one in your family is computer savvy to know how to look for it. Make sure you check the "Do not display hidden files or folders" in the Folder Options window. This isn't really secure though because someone who knows what they're doing can always uncheck that option and do a search for it.

TRDCorolla said:
Make sure you check the "Do not display hidden files or folders" in the Folder Options window. This isn't really secure though because someone who knows what they're doing can always uncheck that option and do a search for it.

That, and if there are multiple user accounts on the computer, that will only affect his account.

Here's a link that describes how to do what you're asking without having to compress your files as UID suggests: http://www.worldstart.com/tips/tips.php/232

And if it's just word documents you want to password protect ... go to Tools in Word >> Options >> Select Security tab and input a password for the word document.

We don't need to make things anymore difficult than they are. :)

Back
Top Bottom