Guide - Learning how to use CF

PerfectSK

Daemon Poster
Just seeing a lot of newbies on CF, and thought I'd make a guide showing you around the place.

The first thing most people want to is start a new thread. All you have to do is click a section, like General Computer Hardware and Software, and click on new thread.

new14tu.jpg

The next thing you want to know how to do is write a reply. You can do a quick reply by just scrolling to the bottom of the page, writing a message, and click ok. Or, you can go advanced for some more features like smilies.

new23sn.jpg

Another thing is learning how to quote someone. This is used when people want to put what someone has just said in quotes, lol, and usually make comments about that reply.

new32bt.jpg

One of the coolest things you can do is go to your control panel. Here you can the ability to edit your sig, avatar, and make any changes if you need to change your password, etc.

new43yc.jpg

The last thing I'm going to show you is how to use the search engine on CF. It's useful to find a specific thread, or if you're looking to find something.

new54kn.jpg

Anyways, I hope this thread helped someone, and welcome to CF if you're new!

Lol, well does anyone have any comments about the guide? Lemme kno if you think its worth putting in the sticky with the guides.

It's good, but i dont know how necessary it is. Do that many computer iliterate people use these forums? Most of it is quite easy to figure out and especially for people who are familiar with forums.

Distortion88 said:
It's good, but i dont know how necessary it is. Do that many computer iliterate people use these forums? Most of it is quite easy to figure out and especially for people who are familiar with forums.

I agree. Its a good Idea, but with the wrong forums. Try computer illerate forums or something. ;)

You forgot the one thing some people hate using, the EDIT button!

most people should know this. but ill admit that when i first went on a forum many years ago i was kind of clueless at first (for around 5 mins)

Back
Top Bottom