Please Help with HDD's

kevinscallan

Baseband Member
I am having abit of trouble at the moment with SATA HDD's

I want to install a SATA HDD but also want to Run a CD ROM & CD-RW Drive on IDE Ports.

Will i have to Connect the CD ROM/ CD-RW Drive to Secondary IDE Port or Can i connect it to Primary IDE Port and connect the SATA HDD to SATA 1 on the Motherboard.

Also I don't think that my motherboard accepts SATA 2 But can i use a SATA 2 HDD on SATA.

Yes, you should be able to connect a SATA2 HD to a SATA port. It will just be a slight bottleneck, if noticeable lol. As for the IDE stuff, once the SATA drive is connected to SATA1 port, you can connect the CD drive to any of the IDE channels. I have mine plugged into the primary channel so it's ok to do that. I have the exact same setup and it works great.

Thanks alot mate. Will be getting my HDD Soon so i will let you know how i get on and if i have any problems.

I'm getting a 320 Seagate maxtor HD SATA2 soon too :) ordered it friday at earliest i'll have it by friday, or as latest as tuesday or wednesday.

Jesus IDK I paid 129 or so for it, so if your state side it'd be about 135 or so with postage, me I prob paid a few backs more IDK I buy stuff from newegg in mass. I never oder just one thing, becuase its not worth the shipping then because it has to come over APO. But still 192 for a that kinda HD no one can beat it. Even if tehre was chaper it won't be worth the risk not using newegg.

you can get them over here pretty cheap. I think that they are aroun £90 over here in my local computer shop.

Thats a $170 I think i'd try a online retailer.

I paid about 69 pounds.

Bought partically the same thing, but paid half as much.

Back
Top Bottom