Mac laptop, or Windows - I need mac users in here!

joxley1990

Golden Master
Hey, well im choosing a new laptop tomorrow - having a look round with my mother :p

I was using a mac today, the macbook (1.83Ghz, 1GB RAM, 60GB HDD, 10.4 Tiger) and I liked it - alot.

I looked today, and it is £749! And a good laptop would be like what..£400/500?

So, I am really stuck, I want mac, alot, but I need opinions on whether or not it is worth it..what do you mac users think..was it a good spend?

Also, I do not want anyone saying.."Ooo..macs suck, buy a Windows"

Thanks

James

I think you'd be able to do everything you want. I'd go for it. Are you looking at the black one? Those look awesome

Nope, just the macbook, the black ones are alot more money..

Im going to the apple store tomorrow - to have a play on them, and to discuss getting one on finance.

joxley1990 said:
Hey, well im choosing a new laptop tomorrow - having a look round with my mother :p

I was using a mac today, the macbook (1.83Ghz, 1GB RAM, 60GB HDD, 10.4 Tiger) and I liked it - alot.

I looked today, and it is £749! And a good laptop would be like what..£400/500?

So, I am really stuck, I want mac, alot, but I need opinions on whether or not it is worth it..what do you mac users think..was it a good spend?

Also, I do not want anyone saying.."Ooo..macs suck, buy a Windows"

Thanks

James
If you remeber when I first joined this forum I was a Microsoft fanboy... I didn't advertise it, but I was. I bought a Mac last week... a Mac Mini. That was the absolute best 600 dollars I have ever spent in my entire life. I seriously can't think of anything I have spent 600 dollars on that I have liked more.

Well, macbook here I come!

Just got a job..! I can afford it now! £25.93 it costs a month..and I will get that from one nights work! Wooo

I would bought a graphics card and some new RAM with the $600.

However, if I were you, I would get the Macbook. You can still choose between Mac OS X and Windows XP using BootCamp. At least you can run both legally, since running Mac OS X on anything other than a Mac is technically illegal.

Back
Top Bottom