CPU FAN/HEATSINK combo ideas?

Yeah, and because it occasionally hung over the RAM (on certain motherboards), taking out the RAM meant having to remove the heatsink first. The good thing was that your RAM had active cooling though. :)

alvino said:
Yeah, and because it occasionally hung over the RAM (on certain motherboards), taking out the RAM meant having to remove the heatsink first. The good thing was that your RAM had active cooling though. :)

Thats not the reason they discontinued the XP-120. The discontinued it because of the caps around the socket. The fins on the XP-120 were connected to the best so they would extend out over the socket and hit caps around the socket. This would cause major cleareance problems so they decided to remove the fins and rename it to the SI-120. The XP-120 performs better than the SI-120.

Gaming freak, on that image, are there even any RAM modules in that computer?!!

Also, something I forgot to mention. I'd rather not have to take the motherboard off to fit this thing :p

yes there are RAM modules in the computer in that image, ur gona have to take the motherboard out as nearly all coolers require u to

Damn... :(

I might try getting some new thermal paste first of all, and give that a go. If that doesn't lower temperatures, I'll definietly buy a new heatsink/fan.

Thanks for all the help :)

Getting different thermal paste and using the same heatsink will only lower temps by a few degrees, unless the heatsink wasnt seated properly in the first place.

I believe though that I lifted the heatsink off after it was applied when wondering why the computer wasn't booting up, and because it came on the chip, I didn't reapply :(

Back
Top Bottom