Videocard

Rosti

Solid State Member
Hi to all!
A few days ago I got a new videocard. The problem is, that when I plug it on my
mainboard, my monitor won't start! I thought, I have to deactivate the onboard
card, which I normally use, but I don't quite now how! Can someone please help me to solve that! :confused:

Enter the BIOS and look for anything Chipset, vide related. Check everywhere.

THere is the shared memory, take it all off and use the primary video to AGP or PCI-E.

Well heres an easy one. Try this, make sure your monitor is plugged into the new video card. You can turn off onboard video by going into the bios, or just going to the hardware manager. (Right-click my comp, properties, click one of the tabs, and click on hardware or device manager.)

A lot of times after you install a video card, it should automatically disable the onboard by itself. Double check BIOS by rebooting the PC and hit the "Del" key or whatever button the screen ask you to push. Navigate around somewhere to see if there's an option to enable/disable onboard video display. Have fun playing around in there, just don't change something you don't know.

Well, thank you guys!
[/QUOTE]make sure your monitor is plugged into the new video card
This was my problem! Didn't know that the monitor should be plugged into the card(I know it sounds stupid for all you PC-Overmasters out there)!
Anyway 10x again!

Rosti said:
Well, thank you guys!
"make sure your monitor is plugged into the new video card"
This was my problem! Didn't know that the monitor should be plugged into the card(I know it sounds stupid for all you PC-Overmasters out there)!
Anyway 10x again!

lol

well happened to me once, I was like wtf, why doesn't it start. Then looked to the back of the pc to make sure that the monitor was properly plugged in and noticed that I still had it plugged in to the onboard one.

Chill out man..he might not of gamed with it, he might of just wanted to get into Windows, im fed up of people saying "Ooo that sucks"

You dont know what he wanted to do with it, it might of just been so he can use his PC, so it would of been a fine card.

Back
Top Bottom