oh great

It powers everything, even has SATA power cables too. My video card draws on the PSU power so I just plugged in a 4-pin power molex onto the video card. The specs look exactly the same with slight variance in power, but it's not big enough to notice. It's not SLi certified like Antec, but you're probably paying a little more just to have that "SLi approved" title.

um, i think im just gonna take the Antec. so that i dont have to buy molex connectors, and whatnot.

plus, cable management should be easier, with the Antec being modular and all.

haha. its okay. we all love being cheap when we can. but that psu has no dual 12v rails. and no sli support.

anyway, i ended up ordering this power supply

and i also ordered:
GPU
MOBO
CPU
CASE
RAM
PASTE

the entire price came down to $760.14. i had a $16 discount because the psu/cpu was a combo. and then i get $30 back in rebates later on.

and for now (until next paycheck) im just going to use a hdd i have laying around here. it's 7200rpm, 100mbps, ide connection. and ill just have to go without internet on this one until i get a wireless adapter. i forgot to add that to the cart. ill probably get one of those from somewhere like office depot. (theres no compusa near me. ;))

Rosewill PSUs = major no-no! You made a bad decision, you should have gone with the Antec, Personally, i think that Antec has the best build quality out of all three, Aspire, and Rosewill.

badninja3 said:
haha. its okay. we all love being cheap when we can. but that psu has no dual 12v rails. and no sli support.

anyway, i ended up ordering this power supply

and i also ordered:
GPU
MOBO
CPU
CASE
RAM
PASTE

the entire price came down to $760.14. i had a $16 discount because the psu/cpu was a combo. and then i get $30 back in rebates later on.

and for now (until next paycheck) im just going to use a hdd i have laying around here. it's 7200rpm, 100mbps, ide connection. and ill just have to go without internet on this one until i get a wireless adapter. i forgot to add that to the cart. ill probably get one of those from somewhere like office depot. (theres no compusa near me. ;))

WOW, thats a very nice case along with the power supply. Looks awsome! I got one question due to my lack of computing knowledge i guess. What is the paste for? Im asking this because im about to build me a new system and was wondering if it was one of those "must have" items.

ownage said:
Rosewill PSUs = major no-no! You made a bad decision, you should have gone with the Antec, Personally, i think that Antec has the best build quality out of all three, Aspire, and Rosewill.
r u serious?!?! oh well, ill just see how it goes. maybe ill be the one exception where it doesnt suck. lol.

also, i voided my order earlier to add the wireless adapter. i guess i can void my order again to change the psu, but i dont want to get in trouble with the credit card company. and my mom's asleep now, so i dont want to have to wake her up again. oh well, now only time will tell if this psu will be good enough for me. oh yeah, and im just going to use the stock cooler, at least for 2 weeks, because im out of money. and in that 2 weeks, im probably gonna get a new hdd also, maybe a sata3.0

How long has that Antec Smartpower been out? I got the Truepower II, and If I would have seen the Smartpower, oh man, I want modular so bad!

Go ahead and give it a try. It has warranty on it so you can always return it. Might be a painful process to deal with. But serious though. That Rosewill PSU is the exact same price as that Antec I showed you. You should've got that Antec one instead. If you want to go cheap, the Aspire one is decent one.

Back
Top Bottom