King of Kings...

King of Kings said:
dude... you canot one day decide your gonna be a muay thai fighter. your basicly born to do that. youv got to very tuff. where talking 3x more hardcore than ufc, cup checks and everything is legal

How the hell would you know? I didn't say I wanted to train in it to become a pro fighter anyway... Just to be fit and defend myself if need be.

Арризкс said:
Yes you can. You can take it up whenever you want. I know of 40 year olds that join. Muay Thai is hard but you can do it if you really want. It whips you into shape like THAT, it's great. Also, what the hell is a cupcheck?

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Toby said:
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Gets annoying when people don't really know what they are talking about. lol.

king of kings, I hate to break it to ya, but you cannot "cupcheck" aka backhand someone in the nuts muay thai. I almost positive about this. Maybe they do it in burma or some crappy country like that where they allow headbutts. lol.

King of Kings said:
dude... you canot one day decide your gonna be a muay thai fighter. your basicly born to do that. youv got to very tuff. where talking 3x more hardcore than ufc, cup checks and everything is legal

I also disagree. I have trained kids in the dojo who pick up an art in a timeframe that at times put me at a loss for words.

Regardless of BMI, (which is not a measure of body fat, it's a measure of weight to height ratio - that doesn't account for muscle).

How do you know that you only have 8% body fat? (have you measured using electronic scales with body fat measurement or with skin fold calipers?

8% is an aceptable ratio for professional atheletes
http://www.healthchecksystems.com/bodyfat.htm

I'm not sure how old you are, (though I imagine [for some reason] that you are still in school), in which case excessive muscle building can actually harm your growth.

root said:
Regardless of BMI, (which is not a measure of body fat, it's a measure of weight to height ratio - that doesn't account for muscle).

How do you know that you only have 8% body fat? (have you measured using electronic scales with body fat measurement or with skin fold calipers?

8% is an aceptable ratio for professional atheletes
http://www.healthchecksystems.com/bodyfat.htm

I'm not sure how old you are, (though I imagine [for some reason] that you are still in school), in which case excessive muscle building can actually harm your growth.
But for the other site your muscle mass adds on to your weight and if you put in your weight & height, say you have a lot of muscle or something and weigh a lot, wouldn't it count you as obese? ... Inaccurate.

BMI is neglegent to muscle mass.

Muscle weighs more than fat,

there for some one could be 6 foot and 200lbs and that's over weight.

yet it's only with a body fat analysis that you can figure out if they are actually obese (which is a condition of fat not muscle).

for example, most rugby players are categorised overweight or obese by BMI evaluations, even though they are possibly at the peak of ther physical fitness. since the majority of their weight is muscle mass.

all of the above is true, but you can find out that you are underweight, if say your weight to height is considered "underweight" then you are although their % is probably wrong, if its overweight, it cant be distinguished due to muscle mass.

you can be underweight, by being very tall and very skinny but if your body fat percentage is 40% then you still stand a very good change of developing heart disease clogged arteries and other overwight type illneses.

height to weight based analysises are so innacurate since they don't take into account any factors about the composition of the body.

I suppose it is fairer to say that the BMI scale works well at detecting people who are underweight, (cause you don't normally get to be skinny if you are made up of large amounts of fat).

Арризкс said:
Gets annoying when people don't really know what they are talking about. lol.

king of kings, I hate to break it to ya, but you cannot "cupcheck" aka backhand someone in the nuts muay thai. I almost positive about this. Maybe they do it in burma or some crappy country like that where they allow headbutts. lol.
I watched a show on it and it was perfectly legal. but ok if everyone can be a muay thai fighter so easly go prove me wrong and win a championship somewhere. I didnt mean you cant be take up mauy thai, or take lessons. I ment you most likely wont be in championship matches. god everyone complains

Toby said:
How the hell would you know? I didn't say I wanted to train in it to become a pro fighter anyway... Just to be fit and defend myself if need be.
well ok then case closed

Back
Top Bottom