Need some expert expert help.

joe pic

Fully Optimized
Need some help on an old computer

Well, ok. I found this old computer on the side of the road today and decided to take it home. It's a gatway 2000 p5-75. whatever. anyway, i turned it on and the hard drive is dead somehow making this loud clicking noise, so i go to my old compilation od computer parts, and get out an old caviar 420mb hdd with windows 3.11 on it.

yes...ok. well thats not the problem. i hooked it up, got it working, it even has sim city 2000 on it! i could play that fine, actually. but when i try booting into windows 3.11, it doens't work. well, it works, first it asks if i want to run ms virus scan, i press no, so then the boot initializes, but an error comes up, saying:

c:\>

error loading 256_1280.drv

hmmmmm.....i dont know what that means. so i decided i needed a new windows 3.11 installation disk, so i can reinstall it, since im using the old hdd w/ 3.11. would this work? but how would i find a disk? is there any place i can download the file to put on a disk? is this even whats wrong?? is there any other way to fix this?

thanks

yeah u should reinstall windows. Just google or try out some p2p software if u want to find a windows 3.11 installation disk.

Back
Top Bottom