What do yall think

you could get a better mobo with a better chipset if you wanted, but that's all up to you, everything else looks fine.. i would get 1gb of RAM too

you definately need 1GB of RAM for BF2, my friend has a 6800GS and it would lag on BF2 cuz he had 512MB, after adding another 512, no more lag :D

Wait... Are you actually upgrading the eMachine or making a new computer? If you plan on upgrading, I would strongly reccommend you just start over and get rid of the eMachines. Because you basically have all of the workings for a nice computer anyways, you'd just need a case and perhaps some different optical drives..

joxley1990 said:
Yeah, well you could add another 512MB RAM to your current, and you wouldnt really notice a difference, that GPU is quite literally..crap.Its PCI for one..and I own the FX5500 AGP version, and that is crap enough!

What is the clock frequency and memory frequency like on the PCI version? (Better not be anything like the AGP version) :(

The clock frequency on my 5500's core is 290MHz and RAM 350MHz. And I guess ill look for another case. Emachines really are peices of junk and some people told me usually, different kinds of motherboards won't fit in emachines unless its the one that you already have if you wanted to get a replacement of it. Do any of yall think thats true?

that could be true.. i've seen some pretty wierd looking motherboards before in compaqs and emachines. my 366mhz emachine is junk, just get a new case. it isn't very expensive. 100 dollars or less will do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom