Mcafee Firewall or Zone Alarm?

i used to use zone alarm, but since i now get mcafee firewall free with this msn subscription, i switched to it.....i think they are both good, but i figure the paid (well, normally paid for) mcafee one may be a little better. if i wasn't getting mcafee firewall for free with msn, i would be using zone alarm still for free though.

mcafee caused more problems than it solved on my computer. never tried zonealarm. avg is the best plus it's free.

ZoneAlarm is a good program. I'm currently using ZoneAlarm Pro 6, courtesy of Ownage.

I realize this isn't an option, but I'd say no firewall. With Firefox, a weekly Spyware scan with adaware, and a monthly virus scan, there's no need to have resource hogging programs running in the background all the time.

But if i were to pick between the two, I would go with ZoneAlarm.

This isn't an option, but just get a router with built in firewall. More protection than stupid software based one's unless you're on a public LAN.

DJ-CHRIS said:
This isn't an option, but just get a router with built in firewall. More protection than stupid software based one's unless you're on a public LAN.

i would suggest using both a hardware and a sofware firewall for even better protection.

Back
Top Bottom