CPU FAN/HEATSINK combo ideas?

Haha, theres way too many though, not knowing if thye'll fit my motherboard, etc because of the pure size.

Doesn't anyone have an answer to my question on the towers? If they face down onto the video card? For instance the ones I posted above?

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the 120mm Zalman CPU cooler. That thing is a beast. It had better be. Just look at how big the fan is, lol. It does an effective job cooling.

Yeah, I've seen that :p

That was reviewed, and I sure know that won't fit ontop of my CPU. The memories right next to it, and so are a few capactors. No chance.

This is the best one that was reviewed, and I believe them.

Cooled 17 degrees lower than the stock heatsink running at 4,000RPM, 10 degrees lower at 2,000RPM)

The Akasa AK-913:

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=8941&GroupID=1102

The screw mount though seems to be facing so that the CPU would be facing the video card. How does this work?...

On the magazine it said that two fans could be fitted in a pull/push config, yet didn't mention anything to do with how it cools if the fan is facing something else thats giving off heat.

Its rather cheap though and thats what I want :p my dads paying for it you see. I have no money what so ever at the moment :(

But if the specs are true, if my CPU as it is now rendering at 57 degrees C, at 2,000 RPM, the fan would cool it down to 47 degrees C, or 40 Degrees C.
Good huh?

i would just get a tower heatsink like the TT BT, or the Scythe Ninja, on the Scythe, you can orient the fan any way you want.

Hmm, I'm really not sure on this kind of thing at all.

The fact of a tower fan without knowing how they'll work takes me off that idea a bit.

So you can't have the fan anywhere on any tower? I know with the one in my link, you can put it facing up as well, but that'd be towards the PSU, but at least it'd still have some room.

As for the heat, yes, it was at 57 degrees C, with Max open, Flash, Windows Media Player.
I now have Max rendering, and MSN on, as well as Flash, and the CPU's gone up to 62 degrees C.

62!!!

The main power board around it is at 57 degrees C. Its not good at all, which is why I need a replacement pretty quick, for VERY cheap, but still an effective soloution.

Though it doesn't help its 30 degrees C in this room.

That looks alot smaller than the one I saw :p

That Zalman again though, the fan would be pointing down, or up... How does that work? Either straght down onto video card since its a bit taller, or up towards the PSU.

Are there any links to CPU Heatsink/Fan combo reviews anyone know of?

I have to order one tonight really...

Back
Top Bottom