network monitoring

pc trade post

Daemon Poster
alright i have a wireless router connected to my pc, and other people connect through the router. is there any way to monitor what website they are going to? i have looked for a program like this but i cant seem to find it. also, the other person cant know that im monitoring them.

I'm pretty sure most come with one but you have to be the admin. it's a parental control program not positive though

set up a WEP key on the router, and make it 128-bit, so on each pc u use for wireless you have 2 enter a key to logon to the router and use the network.

WEP - WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy), if used, encrypts data before transmission. This provides greater security and privacy. All Wireless Stations need to use the same settings (WEP Key size and WEP key).

Try creating a gateway and rout all internet traffic through a computer. That way you can control the sites they go to and also control their speeds as well with some programs. You can use a bomb computer to run something like Limux Smoothwall to create a cheap hardware firewall as well.

Back
Top Bottom