oh great

ah dang. i know i want to wait to get the conroe. but my current setup BLOWS! idk wat to do. if i still feel that i want a new computer by next week, i will buy the am2 setup. its not like i have all that much to pay for.

-um, video games. lol, thats it. and now that i have a nice job ($200/paycheck(every other week)) i have alot to spare. ive already saved up $620. and by june 5, i will have about $800. with that i can get a 7600gt, 3200+, am2 motherboard, 1gb ram, a case, and a psu. not bad, eh? plus, im only 16 and i dont drive yet(august i get my license), so no gas. and i wont have to pay insurnase(parents are cool), and my parents buy my clothes. they say that me working doesnt change anything, they bought my clothes before, and they are still doing it. so thats really cool.

anyway, i guess it depends on my mood. lol. wow, $800 gonna be dumped on impulse. ooh.

So far, my system is exactly 1 year and 4 months old. I'm on a par for a two year upgrade. Everything plays fine so there isn't a need to rush. I think your system is a more severe case. Yes, you should upgrade with the AM2 then.

Well, the motherboard itself is a bottleneck running at almost half speed of new motherboards because it's one of the first ever Socket 939 to come out. Plus the CPU is like the Newcastle core or something. RAM is ok, but there are better RAM I couldn've picked with better timings and lag. The video card is new so that's still ok.

Conroe is a little bit over a month away. July 23rd. If i were you, i would decide the DDR2, the GPU, the HDD and everything else except the motherboard. And then when motherboard reviews come out, make your decision there. Conroe isnt going to be a paper launch so there will be quite a bit in stock at every e-tailor. but prices might be sky high.

Okay, well here is the thing. Any way you go, it will be a major upgrade from your current computer. And either way you go, you will be very happy with what you get. You want it now get it. You want to wait for the Conroe, because its numbers look slightly better then AM2, go for it.

Besides, if you want for Conroe, then AM2 prices will drop to compete, I can almost guarentee.

I say wait. Because I like Intel. Although, your more of a gamer, so right now AM2 might be the way to go, because its better then 939. (Though conroe is better then both).

Bottom line, if your really into games, the AM2 will do you just fine. And if you want to get the Conroe, just to shove it into everyones face, thats great too. I think you should just get the AM2 and not worry about a new computer. Because if you sit on this conroe, you will start to go "what if". Thats never good, lol.

well, if you say, ill buy Conroe, then stop looking at the roadmaps. hahah, roadmaps make you want to wait for the upcoming thing. but Intel is releasing new architecture every 2 years, so nothing will change drastically for Conroe in the next two years.

ArrizX said:
Because if you sit on this conroe, you will start to go "what if". Thats never good, lol.
that's already happening :confused:

ownage said:
well, if you say, ill buy Conroe, then stop looking at the roadmaps.
lol, thats what im doing now. lol. omg, okay. i am going to get this am2 system.

i just really need a new pc. the one im on is 4+ yrs old, granted it was top-of-the-line when my mom bought it, but that was then, and this is now.

maybe i can convince my mom to pay for half of it if i let her use it. after all, i payed for half of our laptop, and i havent used it(by my own will) in like 2 months. lol. the only time im ever on it is when there is a problem with it. ugh.

Yeah.

But what I mean, is that you have your mind set on Conroe. Right. And then your all like, but you know, I think that the AM2 would be better. Or I would rather have an Amd. Instead of sticking with the Conroe. It just gives you more time to say what if.

You get the AM2, it will get this off your mind. Just do it, you wont be dissappointed.

Back
Top Bottom