correct vs fast

Ok so I didnt get the computer award this year. I set a new school record with 152 wpm and 0 errors but I dont type right. The guy that got the award types 23 wpm with 5 errors......... he got it only because hes kinda you know all a's so he dosent mess around. but what do you think, type fast or type right

you can type faster when you type right but still, we should have a choice in school to choose w/e works best for us

Type fast with as few error as possible. That's why employers always look at at net words per minute instead of the actual gross. I can type 90+ WPM but with a lot of errors. If I took my time, I can type 50-60 WPM with no errors.

23wpm!?!?

That's slower than my grandma, seriously. I could type faster than that with with my toes.. Sorry, but that's insanely slow

King of Kings said:
I cant maintain 152 wpm, I cant do that on a paragraph, only 1 or 2 sentances

Then it's not very accurate. Words Per MINUTE. If you're not even typing for a full minute, it drops in accuracy drastically

you should type fast only if you have to. why type fast and make errors if you have time to do it right, maybe taking a little more time? typing slow and right might actually take as much time as typing fast with errors because it takes more time to go back and correct the errors. it just depends on the situation, really.

I got a 121 on a bunch of little words in a sentence. Other then that I can stay firmly at 70-90wpm. Although, I dont use corrent technique either. But it doesnt matter, because the way I type i get little errors. I dont do the "home row keys" and all that school crap. I type how I want, and it works.

As long as it works for you, there isnt a problem.

Back
Top Bottom