audio is skipping

Malohta

Solid State Member
when I play MP3s or playing a video game, the sound plays like a scratched cd.

I've reinstalled windows media player and that didn't seem to work.

If your playing a video game though, Windows Media Player won't be the cause.

What sound card have you got? Or is it onboard? If its onboard, this could be a problem already, but should never be THAT big of a problem... hmm...

Whats your system specs?

my sound card is onboard its a SoundMAX with SPX. The motherboard is intel D845WN if thats any help.

This could also be buffer underruns, this are commonly experinced audio errors when the soundcard hasnt recieved data.

This happens with a problem with another device in a computer, or too low of a buffer set on a soundcard. However on non professional soundcards you cannot change the buffer.

The last time I reformatted was a year ago and I recall a few years ago, I would often have this same problem. Not knowing what to do, I often reformatted. I would always notice this after I formatted my hard drive and when I test the sound for the first time it would do this. The problem would usally be resolved after I reformatted a second time but... I'd much rather find out how to solve this problem without reformatting.

Just fixed it. I took another look and figured that I really should read that readme file. I did and after following some directions about the Windows 98SE audio update, everything is working fine again.

Thanks for the assistance. Now if I ever run into this problem again, I'll know exactly how to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom