3D Model practise - Hard Drive Cooler... and others

Kage

Golden Master
Hey :)

Yesterday I modelled for practise a hard drive cooler of all things on 3D Studio Max, so thought it relevant :p

I did it mainly for practise on a new modelling technique I've just started using. This is the first model that used it successfully. (Theres 1 error but its probably really fixable)

It started its life as a flat 4 sided polygon which i then subdivided with more cuts/extrusions to create the final model. My other models (for instance, the Creative), used a total waste of polygons, and was hard to work with. This is my new way I'm perfecting :)

I hope you like:

HardDrivecooler640x480-2.jpg

Wireframe with no smoothing if you want to see it:

wireframeharddrivecooler.jpg

Hope it erm...interests you, haha....

Re: 3D Model practise - Hard Drive Cooler...

Thanks :) pretty useless I know, but its the only thing I found that I wanted to model at the time, haha.

...You may be thinking... shouldn't this of been on my hard drive?...
Answer is, I had to remove it to make room to give total power to the video card. I'm sure its fine on its own.

Haha, something like that. It's a good start..do a car next!

This isn't my first model :p I have done cars before, though not entirely successfully using my old ways. I will do another as soon as I have time, and I have a feeling it'd come out right this time.

This is simply a new way of modelling which I should have known for ages, yet never noticed how people were using it.

joxley1990, this is a car using the old method I had:

mini2.jpg

And my computer I started but never finished:

MyComputer2.jpg

Zen Vision M:

Render1.jpg

3D Studio Max 7:)

wow kage, you got some talent... i tried maya for a few months... didnt really like the whole 3D modeling thing... blender is cool too

Thanks dude :D

How can you not like it? :p

Its all about practise I find.
If you also don't model for a few months, like anything, you get a bit shaken up when you come to start again. Its something you have to try and keep perfecting really to get the best results.

I haven't really tried Blender myself.

I downloaded it but never really got a chance to make anything with it.
I started out with Anim8or

www.anim8or.com - a free modelling package, pretty basic though.

Back
Top Bottom