New Computer

Lord Mythirion

In Runtime
This is my new idea for parts of a computer. PLEASE TELL ME IF ANYTHING WON"T FIT OR IS NOT COMPATIBLE. MY DAD WILL MURDER ME IF I BUY ANYTHING AND IT WON'T WORK!! Thanks.

AsusA8N-SLI Deluxe NVIDIA nForce4 SLI 2000 MT/s FSB Dual Channel DDR 400Socket 939 ATX Motherboard Two PCI-Express x16, Two PCI-Express x1,SATA, Dual RAID, Dual Gbit LAN, Firewire IEEE 1394 (Retail)
Motherboard

Video Card:
eVGAGeforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 SLI Ready PCI Express x16 Video Cardwith Dual DVI, Dual VGA, S-Video, HDTV, DirectX 9.0, OpenGL 1.5:128-P2-N372-TX (Retail)
Video Card

RAM:
Kingston Dual Channel Kit KVR400X64C3AK2/1G 1GB PC3200 DDR400 CL3 PC Memory RAM (Lifetime Warranty)
RAM

Hard Drive:
Seagate 160GB Barracuda 7200.9 SATA II 7200RPM 8MB Buffer Hard Drive: ST3160812AS (OEM, Factory Sealed)
Hard Drive

ATX Tower:
LogisysBlack Dracula Special Edition Gaming Windowed ATX Computer Case withFront USB 2.0 Ports, Front Audio Output, 120mm Clear Rear Fan, 80mmBlue LED Fan, Blade II Fan Grill, Acrylic Side Window , 480W PowerSupply, LAN Party Handle: CS602BK-S (Black Special, Retail)
Mid-Tower Case

Processor:
AMDAthlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz Venice Core, 512KB L2 Cache, 90nm, Socket 939CPU Processor, ADA3200BWBOX (Retail with Fan and Heatsink, 3-Year AMDWarranty)
Processor

CD/DVD Burner Drive:
NECND-3550A 16x8x16x DVD+R/RW 16x6x16xDVD-R/RW 48x32x48x CD-R/RW 8x DVD+RDL 6X DVD-R DL Dual-Layer IDE Optical Burner Drive (Silver, OEM)
CD/DVD Burner

i highly recommend that you NOT get the fx5200, it's a piece of garbage, and you'll barely see a performance boost by using it. i recommend getting 1 gig of ram since it's starting to become the standard. i'm not sure what chipset that motherboard uses, but since it has pci-e i suggest you just take advantage of that fact. hard drive isn't important really, looking at your pc, you probably aren't a hardcore gamer. what's your budget?

man do not buy the 5200... its way out dated, get atleast a 6600gtand 1gig cuz that comp aint gonna be good

My budget isn't that high. Maybe around 600-700 dollars. You're right. I just heard from a friend not to get the 5200. Then what should i get?

I'm going to use it for some light gaming and all around school work, like word processing.

EDIT: I decided on a Albatron GeForce 6600 Le. Do you think that's a good choice? I also decided on 1024 MB RAM. Do you think my motherboard is a good choice?

that looks like an ok comp, what will u be using it for? also u will need an OS with that unless u have one already, and check out www.newegg.com before u buy anything because they might have better prices

i suggest you get 2x512 sticks instead of one 1024 stick, it makes things faster since one stick isn't forced to process everything.

Only if its dual channel will that work kchi55, but yeah, thats true.

Other than that, that computers sweet now.

I'm thinking though since its only going to be used for light gaming and standard school stuff, that that CPU could be scaled down to the 3000+ and could be overlclocked if you wished. That extra money could then be used for something else which may help you.

It doesn't even say what type of core that chips using...

Back
Top Bottom