RAM voltage

Bumped it up to 2.7V and memtest ran in BIOS-ALL mode is reporting errors.. What i dont get is when its run in the BIOS-STD mode no errors were reported even when at stock 2.66V?? So does this mean the errors are contained in the sections of the memory reserved for the bios?

You have two of the sticks, right? If so, take one out and run the test, and see what it reports. Then switch them around and see. Also, try switching slots. That way, we can identify whether it is one stick that is bad, a slot on the motherboard that is bad, or just the two sticks together produce some sort of error. Memory is really an iffy component, and involves a lot of trial and error to troubleshoot.

Yea i am only testing one stick at a time and my mobos dual channel slots are slots 2 and 4.. so i only have one in there in slot 2 so i guess i should move it to slot 1 then and test.

im at 2.8V now and both sticks received errors, on both slots using the bios-all test mode.... faulty memory then?

Well I put both RAM modules in and was using the computer for a bit and windows decided to reboot itself randomly... that was the problem I was getting before, but the strange thing is when i was running windows with only 1 stick i really didnt get the rebooting problem?

Back
Top Bottom