My Rig

Chinny4290

Baseband Member
This I got as an X-mas gift for good grades and had to be my best xmas gift yet....
DSC00001.jpg

My Fan controller, left to right: Voltage gauge to front 120mm fan; left swtich is to control fan speed; sound pressure gauge; and CPU temperature gauge
DSC00002.jpg

The Internals
DSC00003.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

After earning some good grades, my dad finally said yes. I know I've always had some addictions to the computer (games etc), and not so good grades also led to the answer "no." But putting that all back, my dad finally said yes. so im sooo happy. My friend custom designed it, then we ordered the parts and my friend assembled it.

Here are the specifics

Chassis: CoolerMaster Centurion 532 aluminum Mid-Tower ATX case, came with a 430 watt power supply unit
Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI deluxe ATX motherboard
CPU (the best part): AMD64 4000+ Athlon (MAD FAST)
RAM: dual channel mushkin 1 gig of ram
HD: Western Digital Caviar SATA 120 GB 7200RPM and a secondary Western Digital IDE 120 GB
GPU (the other best part): eVGA GeForce 6800GS 256MB SLi Ready PCI Express 16x, I'm saving up for another so I can run an SLi (system where it can run two videocards as one unit) so I can have 512 MB of video memory

Here's my video card (the one on the left) next to my other video card that was bought after market and was in my other PC
Picture031.jpg

This thing is mad fast, so fast I don't even see the Windows load screen pop up on startup, and everything is click on demand.

These pics are a few months old. About a month ago, I added the Plextor PL-716AL slot drive which is a great drive.

Just so you know, you'll need a new PSU before you go SLI. And, you might want to go ahead and get one now so that one doesn't blow out on you. PSU's that come in case are typically not very good, and I'm sure the one in that case isn't that great since that is a rather inexpensive case.

Just letting you know because I don't want you to be without that thing for a spell while you get a new one! :D

Wow, sounds good, and the 6800GS is a good card. I have it myself, but in AGP overclocked.

The internals of the PC could be a bit tidier though with the cables.

Mine was almost as messy as that before I decided to do a clean of the internals, and warpped all the wires up together, untangling, etc. It might be worth doing for that bit extra of cooling, since all those cables won't be doing the CPU's fan intake any good.

The case is very kewl looking though.

wow that looks pretty nice man..i cant wait to build mine...btw im thinking of getting teh 6800gs too...just becasue it has the 256 bit so it is pretty much tied with the 7600gt...but im thinking of getting the 512mb one from BIOSTAR...u guys hear ne thing good abou those...but really nice build man...what games do u play on it ???

Not heard of that version of the card no.

Do note, the main difference between the 7000 series and the 6000 series is the fact, the 7000 series of cards has more operations available on each pipeline per clock (I believe 4 instead of 2). I think thats the main difference between the 7600/7800GS and the 6800GS.

oh so really sticking with the 7600gt is much better???...so ur saying the 12 piplines on the 6800gs is half as good as the 12 on the 7600gt???...also im thinking of saving up to get a 7900gt...because it has the 24 pixel piplines and 256bit over the 7600gt's 128...but would the 7600gt run bf2 fine???...also would they do good in sli???..thx ....and sry for hijacking ur thread

Yeah, the 7600Gt would run BF2 perfectly fine!

As for the first question, yes, I believe the 7600gt is twice the speed theoretically with its pixel shaders than the 6800GS.

More memory wouldn't make up for the loss of speed.

ok...thx kage...could u help me over in my thread about 800-900 dollar computer??? thx:D

Back
Top Bottom