RAM voltage

EricM

Daemon Poster
What is the ideal voltage for ram? Right now mines set to 2.66V and i think my RAM is defective because I ran memtest and like thousands of errors were reported in the bios-all mode. So i spoke to OCZ support and they told me to increase the voltage to 2.8 because memory running at lower voltages can have errors???? Is this right? If not I have to RMA my ram.

OCZ Can be pumped with 3.3V, yeah, bang it up to 2.8 - evan higher wont do any harm..what speed is it?

Its 400MHz and its a 2gb kit and i have been having issues with it, since windows keeps restarting randomly sometimes and it gives me RAM errors. So i tested each stick individually and got no errors using the BIOS-std mode in memtest but used the bios-all mode and got lots of errors... and my computer randomly freezes too which shouldnt happen with 2gb of memory?

You should increase the voltage... 2.6 is probably too low. Hit it with 2.7 or 2.8.

joxley1990 said:
OCZ Can be pumped with 3.3V, yeah, bang it up to 2.8 - evan higher wont do any harm..what speed is it?
Woah DONT put 3.3v into your memory unless it's UTT. Which you said it's a 2gb kit so it isnt. Using that much voltage will kill your memory. Try using 2.75-2.8. That would probably be where you want it.

So should put both sticks in and see how it runs on 2.8V? and then run mem test on each individual stick then right?

Well, try 2.7 first. You always want the lowest voltage possible. However, if you still get errors with 2.7, bump it to 2.75, then 2.8 if needed. Just get zero errors with the lowest voltage.

Back
Top Bottom