Problem

Classy6

Beta member
Alright fellas,

Just recently my comps been playing up a bit.

Every time I go to turn it off, it either doesn't respond and stays on like I didn't even click the "Turn Off" icon. Or if you click it again, it responds, but takes about 1/2 hour to actually turn off?

Also having problem with Ctrl+Alt+Del and when a programs not responding, when "End task" is selected, it goes to end the program, but again doesn't respond. In the end just freezes up the windows :mad:

I've installed a few anti-spyware programs over the last day to as I thought that might of been the problem. And it has cleared up some ad-ware but the problem is still here.

I have an expired version of Norton anti-virus that also is acting odd. When a program trys to connect to the internet, it completely blocks it. If a notification occurs, and you select permit, it still continues to block the outgoing connection. This is also linked to some of the programs crashing.

Thought about removing Norton, also have an expired version of Mcafee on here. Are there any substitutes to these programs? I currently downloaded Search & Destroy, Counterspy, Windows defender 2, Windows malcious virus remover & Hijackthis (not been used yet, to complicated!)

Any ideas on what the fix to this problem might be, and advice on the anti-virus software would be GREATLY apprecaited! Computers decently new and I'm about ready to throw it out the window already :mad:

Cheers! :)

well, if you happen to have an xp cd, then you could consider reinstalling windows. that always makes it work just like new.

try uninstalling them and see if everything runs fine, some alternates to those Anti-Viruses are Avast! and AVG Free.

I will look around for an XP CD see if I can find it, and maybe try that.

If I remove Norton, (I'm not very bothered about McAfee as it doesn't do anything but remind me I'm expired anyway) But Norton seems to do alot for the comp. The stuff I was downloading just seem to basically scan the system when you want it, but doesn't monitor the stuff like Norton does.

I'm a bit cheap to, don't really want to pay for anything either.

I'll look in the AVG thing tonight along with the bit defender.

Thanks for the help so far :cool:

Just dig deep into your computer..

Why is his post count 1, when he quite clearly has 2 posts?

Just want to thank you fellas for the help! :)

Seemed that Norton was causing all my problems, once it was removed the computer was problem free. No idea why it was bad though :confused:

I loaded up the suggested programs, reloaded Norton back on and the computer now runs sound.

Cheers Again :cool:

Back
Top Bottom