cpu usage problem

Cabbs

Golden Master
Is it normal for my cpu usage to be this high when idle? All i have is Norton Internet Security in the background, but i thought i would ask you guys. Here is a pic of the processes and cpu usage:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/cabbspapp/cpu.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/cabbspapp/processes.jpg

I did a hijackthis log and there were a few unknown processes, but I already know what they are.

Edit: I dont think anything is wrong with it, cpu usage rarely goes above 13%, maybe it just took time.

it's a shame your pics aren't readable, there's a few in Processes that are using heaps of memory from what I could decipher

I can read it just fine, did you make sure your browser isn't resizing the pic so it will fit inside?

What are you talking about?.. they are perfectly readable.. they aren't when they are scaled down.. but I just click on them and they go full size.

You have way too many .exes running there man. Not exactly what I would consider idle.

Heres mine right now.
clipboard011wf.jpg

Much less stuff running as you can see. Basically, the only way to fix this problem is to close most of those .exes, and stop the ones you don't need from starting when you login to windows.

If you go to start>run type in "msconfig" and go to the startup (NOT SERVICES, NEVER USE MSCONFIG TO CONFIGURE SERVICES) tab, you'll see a bunch of crap listed there, most of them will probably have check marks in the boxes on the left hand side. Go through and uncheck whatever you don't want starting as you login to windows. Not only will this reduce your cpu usage while idling, but it will also free up some memory and drastically improve boot time.

I only run virus scanners when i'm actually going to use them, otherwise I shut it all down.

I can read it just fine too, LOL

Anyways you have some very odd looking stuff there. Post your hijack this. Id like to see it. Although, what I can see, is that Norton is doing a scan, update, or something in the backgroud.

Sometimes im on the computer when my zomealarm does a scan, and I wonder whats happening, Im just like WTF, and then I figure it out though Task Manager.

Back
Top Bottom