Router Problems - Do not move to Networking, There's not enough people there to help

connchri

Daemon Poster
Sorry folks for putting this in General Stuff, but in my experience, it's the best place you get any problem sorted. So mods, don't shift it, or i'll not get a solution.

Anyway, i've just got 10MB cable installed in my flat. It's getting shared between 4 other PC's through a router with a built in 4 port switch and 10MB/s WiFi. Problem is, the router keeps crashing every 20mins or so. I've fiddled with so many settings it's not funny anymore. As a last resort I'll need to buy a new router/switch in order to keep things going but I want to keep that as a last resort. I've tried disabling WiFi, disabling DCHP, Static IP's, Manualy assigning DNS server addresses the lot. I just can't think of how to stop it from crashing. It's a Linksys BEFW11S4 with the latest firmware, that I've also played about with.

If anyone has any links to older firmwares for this model, I'd appriciate it if you'd post them, as they might not have this 'bug' if it's a firmware problem, as that is what i'm begining to believe it is.

Cheers in advanced.

Re: Router Problems - Do not move to Networking, There's not enough people there to help

Are you sure that your router is not faulty? Networking is really straight forward. All the settings should be auto-detected. I have a cable account as well and its being shared with 6 other people and its being working without any hitches for the better part of two years.

Back
Top Bottom