unremovable Icons

Pale_Rider91

Solid State Member
Hey. I am having a problem with an Icon on my desktop. It can't be removed, I try to send it to the recycling bin, and it says it is in use. I have tried restarting, Alt+CTRL+DEL and seeing if it is running, and just moving it, and it always said that the file is in use. Can someone please help me. There is this program that I used to know of that could remove anything no matter if it was "in use", does anybody know of it.

Thanks,
JT

Welcome to computerforums!!! if windows xp, is your windows account set as a user account? if so, you may have to have administrative privledges to delete it. more info would help us maybe...what program is the icon for? what operating system are you using?

Pale_Rider91 said:
I am using Windows XP and it is a demo for a game.

are you trying to uninstall the demo off your computer, or just get the icon off of the desk top? if just trying to get the icon off the desktop, maybe try right clicking it, go under properties, and click find target. when the program folder opens, go back and right click the desktop icon, click cut, then paste it in the program folder to get it off your desktop. you can always go back to that folder and create a shortcut on your desktop again.....try that and let us know if it worked ok for you.

Back
Top Bottom