new am2 mobos at newegg

badninja3

Daemon Poster
newegg has listed 2(i think) more am2 asus motherboards. and they finaly have a second sli motherboard for under $235. lol.

i think im gonna get it. maybe not soon, but eventually. <-- my next paycheck is june 5. and then i'll have about $830 saved up, which i might just use solely for a new computer (maybe get support from my parents.. they use the computer for video editing, or for camera to dvd stuff.) anyway, let me know what u think of this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131013

wow looks pretty good...go for it!!!!...btw is nforce 570 the best out now??!??! thx

Go for it have fun :) I enjoy 939. I may get one next year or so. Or maybe when I get enough money to revamp my PC.

this AM2, is it the latest socket design from AMD or could you use a 939 in that board?

Nik00117 said:
Go for it have fun :) I enjoy 939. I may get one next year or so. Or maybe when I get enough money to revamp my PC.
ur pc is nice and all, but if u want a better one, u should just get a whole new rig. cuz if u update one part, the rest will be bottlenecking. and that means u have to rebuild the whole core or ur system. and if u do, u would have a whole extra barebone-system. u kno wat i mean?

anyway this motherboard does not have the *best* chipset. that would be the nForce590 = http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131011

but then again, that nF590 is like $90 more than the next best motherboard.

yea. i was lookin at that mobo, but i prefer asus. ive never used anything from asus, but ive heard better stuff about them.

also, that memory should work really good. especially with a x2 5000+. awesome!

oh yeah, all the reviews say that the fx-62 adn the x2-5000 are the only processors that directly benefit from being am2. thats odd that they can say that because there was never either of those in socket 939, so theres nothing to compare. oh well, let them say what they want, they were probably payed to say it anyway. lol

Fisher said:
this AM2, is it the latest socket design from AMD or could you use a 939 in that board?

I don't think you can use a processor that was designed to fit in Socket 939 in a AM2 socket.

badninja3 said:
yea. i was lookin at that mobo, but i prefer asus. ive never used anything from asus, but ive heard better stuff about them.

also, that memory should work really good. especially with a x2 5000+. awesome!

oh yeah, all the reviews say that the fx-62 adn the x2-5000 are the only processors that directly benefit from being am2. thats odd that they can say that because there was never either of those in socket 939, so theres nothing to compare. oh well, let them say what they want, they were probably payed to say it anyway. lol

I never trust news about upcoming stuff. How many times did they got wrong? Always...or most times.

The only way to approve for it, is to actually test it yourself. That's why THG is good.

oh, well im new to the custom-building computers. so ive didnt know asus had problems. ill take that into consideration. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom