another riddle

Originally Posted by ~K-Pow~
I had to ask my mother on this one, but i think this is the answer.

Startling, starting, staring, string, sting, sing, sin, in, I

I was tempted to Google but i did not. I couldnt' get it but my mom got it pretty easily.

Tricky.

David Lindon said:
That is soo clever.

While we are talking about riddles, does anyone remember in die hard where they have a 3 and a 5 gallon jug and they have to measure out 4 gallons exaclty, how is that done again? I always forget!
I suck at figuring out things, lol :(

David Lindon said:
While we are talking about riddles, does anyone remember in die hard where they have a 3 and a 5 gallon jug and they have to measure out 4 gallons exaclty, how is that done again? I always forget!
i didnt see the movie, but this is what i would do.

fill the 5 gallon with liquid. then pour it into the 3 gallon, but make sure u have something to catch the spilled water. then throw out the remaining 3 gallons. repeat the whole process. then whatever water spilled out when transfering to the smaller jug will equal 4 gallons.

very nice badninja3, i would of never though of that, i'm not much for figureing out riddles either.

~K-Pow~ said:
very nice badninja3, i would of never though of that, i'm not much for figureing out riddles either.
well, im not normally good at riddles either. lol, i had to think long and hard about this one. lol

r u serious? dang, ive never seen that movie. i guess great minds think alike. plus, thats the only way possible. i think.

and, with only a 5gal jug and a 3gal jug. the only to make an even number is to subtract. well, its not the only way. never mind. lol. :D

Back
Top Bottom