Will this be fast enough

Let me help you. Buy a 7600GT and 2GB RAM. You see, if you use 4, it's praticcally useless.

well go ahead and laugh but 70 bucks for 4 sticks of 1gb ram is cheap I bet I could get 512mb for close to free.

no. 512mb is definitely not free. and 4 sticks of 1 gb for 70 dollars?..maybe 4x256mb for 70 dollars. 4gb for 70 dollars is nothing but bad news. i'd like to see the specs of ur RAM

Yeh can you tell us where you are planning on getting this ram from? and the specs of it?
Honestly if it is 4gig for $20 its probably going to either:
1. Blow up
2. Not work
3. Not work then blow up
4. Be a piece of plastic with RAM written on the side.

Until you've shown these guys the specs of the ram and manufacturer etc, i wouldnt go and buy it. Really, $20 for 4gig is not something to brag about.

Memphis` said:
Yeh can you tell us where you are planning on getting this ram from? and the specs of it?
Honestly if it is 4gig for $20 its probably going to either:
1. Blow up
2. Not work
3. Not work then blow up
4. Be a piece of plastic with RAM written on the side.

Until you've shown these guys the specs of the ram and manufacturer etc, i wouldnt go and buy it. Really, $20 for 4gig is not something to brag about.
Alright For 70 bucks im getting 4 sticks of 1 gb ram im getting it from a friend not new, used. Im going to ask him if he has 512mb for any cheaper.

h25520062 said:
Alright For 70 bucks im getting 4 sticks of 1 gb ram im getting it from a friend not new, used. Im going to ask him if he has 512mb for any cheaper.
What GPU did you get?

h25520062 said:
Well thats a little better but im sure your still better off posting the specs so these guys can tell you wether it will be any good or not.

h25520062 said:
i dont think u have any idea what ur talking about when it comes to computers (its not an insult), if u are getting 4GB of ram what speed is it? how old is it? how many pins is it? what are the timings on it? also u wont be able to run them in dual channel so ur losing performance oh and nothing uses 4GB of ram just so u know, 2GB is all u need, and one more thing windows xp only sees 3GB

Back
Top Bottom