is this legal?

Jordan Pardy said:
You could look at it two ways:

Legal: You already have purchased the video.
Illegal: You are downloading an illegal version of it.

But it should be legal as long as you don't redistribute to your friends. :p

what if i put it on my pda and play it for them?

I think its not ilegal to do that, cause your friends can come over and watch a DVD can't they?

Though with the law, I thought it wasn't legal for instance to show a DVD/video you have to a wide audience :p So depends how many friends you have I guess, haha.

It would be illiegal to do that, yes.

The only way it would be legal was if you got the VHS tape to be recorded onto the computer and converted. Possibly using a Video Capture Card.

You could make a backup copy yourself, but its not your license your downloading. Your co-inciding with a breakage of the law on their end also, so its not just your end.

boardordi3 said:
how is that flaming?
No, it wasn't flaming, but that rule also covers condemnation of posters, definition of condemnation ; "exclaiming disapproval of", which you did, in a sort of light-hearted way, but I still think it was unnecessary.

boardordi3 said:
wow, i really think we need to find a lawyer for this forum, just to come and mediate these things
Lol, that would be a cool idea. David could pay him $500 per hour to browse the forum and sort out things...

{This starts to seem like what a moderator does for free, lol}...

:p

Brookfield said:
No, it wasn't flaming, but that rule also covers condemnation of posters, definition of condemnation ; "exclaiming disapproval of", which you did, in a sort of light-hearted way, but I still think it was unnecessary.
oh lol i wasnt quite clear on what that meant

You have a 'license' to watch the movie in your home because you purchased the video on vhs so yes you can download it

Back
Top Bottom