Can we please get rep fixed?

Soo is this just gona go to the bottom and die? Or are we going to fix it ?

but you can't see how much reputation people have got anyway...

and besides, do you even know what the graduations between the different scales are?
I mean is it +1 for distinguished road then +2 for the next bar, or is it like the post counts where it's +30 for the next graduation on the scale?

I disagree that reputation is a whorish kind of thing since you can only be awarded it by other members and people that you've helped, rather than take it yourself by making posts (as you can with post count).
besides I think it's kind o nice to get rep points, mostly cause I hardly ever look at the userCP, and it's nice that on the occasions that I do look that I have a nice message and a little point awarded to me for helping someone out...
or a little red box with some remark that probably matched my equally negative statement to a user...

root said:
but you can't see how much reputation people have got anyway...

and besides, do you even know what the graduations between the different scales are?
I mean is it +1 for distinguished road then +2 for the next bar, or is it like the post counts where it's +30 for the next graduation on the scale?

I disagree that reputation is a whorish kind of thing since you can only be awarded it by other members and people that you've helped, rather than take it yourself by making posts (as you can with post count).
besides I think it's kind o nice to get rep points, mostly cause I hardly ever look at the userCP, and it's nice that on the occasions that I do look that I have a nice message and a little point awarded to me for helping someone out...
or a little red box with some remark that probably matched my equally negative statement to a user...

David can set that to whatever he likes in the AdminCP

MarxSoccer said:
David can set that to whatever he likes in the AdminCP
I knew that, I was just wondering if anyone knew what the graduations were. (I don't know).

root said:
I knew that, I was just wondering if anyone knew what the graduations were. (I don't know).
That's the problem I think, there is only two. The unknown quanity and the on the distinguished road one. We need more.

Well, i think that for every 15/20 posts you point, you get added 1 rep point into the "Rep Bank" You can use the points in the "Rep Bank" to give to people. This will filter put the angry n3wbs,a and let the real members of CF assign points :)

You can set it so only members with a certain amount of posts can vote, I know you can on phpbb anyway..

samurai said:
Well, i think that for every 15/20 posts you point, you get added 1 rep point into the "Rep Bank" You can use the points in the "Rep Bank" to give to people. This will filter put the angry n3wbs,a and let the real members of CF assign points :)

And it will encourage spamming to get the required number of posts, its a good idea to get the reputation fixed, on some forums I have seen it work well, but anyway in which it is linked to the number of posts a person it makes well its just going to go pear shaped from there.

A high post number does not necessarily make good high quality information given and a positive member to the community.

it works extrordinarily well on experts exchange, but that's because members have to assign it to one person, (the person who gave the answer that helped).

and if someone leaves without assigning a rep point the board moderators assign a point on the questioners behalf, but the entier system there is based around reputation points whilst it's only something of a side show here...

Back
Top Bottom