amd & ati gonna merge?

Yeah, I saw the DailyTech article on it. Interesting...it's only a report from analysists, but it could foreshadow something in the future. :)

that kinda sucks. if it happens, nvidia(and sli) might not be present in amd's future. oh no. its a monopoly. that would pretty much mean that if u have an amd processor, then u must have a ati gpu. oh great, wheres the capitalism in that?

i dont know what the hell im talking about. i was just wondering if there really was a difference.

badninja3 said:
that kinda sucks. if it happens, nvidia(and sli) might not be present in amd's future. oh no. its a monopoly. that would pretty much mean that if u have an amd processor, then u must have a ati gpu. oh great, wheres the capitalism in that?

They can't do that because nVIDIA could sue for unfair practices or a monopoly. If that does happen, it'll probably be some advantage for ATI GPU's compared to nVIDIA ones.

I'd hate that! AMD just need to stick to CPUs, and fight Intel. They don't need to take on ATI their CPUs would favor ATI then!

No, well that's because ATI also makes chipsets and integrated video chips. They've recently gotten some success.

Back
Top Bottom