N00b here...gaming computer.

AM2, why? DDR2. High latencies? Well, it does opterate at almost 1Ghz. And with some high end RAM, you can have 4-4-4-12 latencies @ 1Ghz which are pretty damn good for DDR2. And for those extreme enthusiasts, 4-2-2-1 is also possible with DDR2. :D Future compatability. But if i was really going to get a new computer, i would go with an conroe. Just blows Intel out of the water. hehe. Almost 9 sec super pi.

future proof i can kinda see...except in the future..won't a 3200+ be crap? Also, what motherboard? I was gonna get kingston ram. Its what i got now and its pretty good...what u guys think...that g-skill stuff?

*EDIT*
MSI K9N SLI Platinum Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16813130048
nvm...that mobo with am2 =P i want to go sli 7600gt...ima do it as fast as i can lol

-JC

I guess i'll go am2 for future upgrading my processor. Question...since that AM2 SLi motherboard had 4 x 240 pin RAM slots, can u put 4x 512 sticks of dual channel ram in it? Posted previously was some G-Skill dual channel ram. I am asking this because i would like to put another gig of ram in when i go SLi. Should i just buy a stick of 1024?

-JC

thats a good question. i think it would be okay to use 4 sticks of ram. but socket939 processors couldnt use the ram at its fastest when there were 4 sticks. i think that problem was solved with am2, but im not sure.

hmmm i dont like the words performance hit...maybe i'll spend the extra cash for just 1 stick of 1024, then upgrade it later. Basically all sticks are equally fast?

Back
Top Bottom