is this legal?

cileskot said:
well, if you thinkl about it, it is like going to the store and saying, "since i bought this movie i should get another one free." i still think it shouldnt be illegal though

Not even close to that :rolleyes:

No, it's 100% legal. I'm aswell 100% sure of it. They can't be sure WHICH device you copied it from, and they would NEVER drag a court case over it. But why are you all so afraid of downloading files illegally? Is american law different? I guess it is if your debating it. But in canada, if you legally purchased a media, it may be stored on ANY other media device, including ipods, dvd's and flash media, as long as it is not redistributed.

You could look at it two ways:

Legal: You already have purchased the video.
Illegal: You are downloading an illegal version of it.

But it should be legal as long as you don't redistribute to your friends. :p

itturnstoashes said:
No, it's 100% legal. I'm aswell 100% sure of it. They can't be sure WHICH device you copied it from, and they would NEVER drag a court case over it. But why are you all so afraid of downloading files illegally? Is american law different? I guess it is if your debating it. But in canada, if you legally purchased a media, it may be stored on ANY other media device, including ipods, dvd's and flash media, as long as it is not redistributed.

idk, i was just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom