drivers

I found the folder, and umm I double clicked on the setup file,, but i got the same error because it is the exact same file i was opening with Start>Run

EDIT: i am 100% sure that i am clicking the correct file.. I just dont know why im getting an error saying "Driver not found"

that's weird, it could be a corrupt d/load I guess, try d/loading it again, delete all previous unzipped files and try the process again with the new d/load

nope i have already tried downloading it about 5 times now, deleting and reDLing everything

mmmmmmmmm, this is a stumper for sure, I can't think of a reason for it to do this. The driver should just run, you haven't disabled your onboard sound by any chance have you? What are the circumstances leading to you having to re install your sound driver?

my sound didnt work for a long time, im just starting onboard now.. and i enabled onboard before doing all of this

do you have the original m/board drivers disk??

EDIT: I have to go to work, I'll log back on from there in 20 minutes or so.

nope i got this comp from a friend.. dont have the drivers disk...

OH someone i know compiled some drivers for my mobo.. ill try and find those, brb

It may well be that the audio on the board is busted, you may have to face that, has it ever worked at all? are you sure you have identified the board correctly??

i managed to get the driver in.. i found a good one at gateway for this exact computer... but now I restarted my computer and it still shows no device. (would it show a device if using onboard?) the audio is still not working. Oh and yes i used the audio for a long time, and yes i have identified the board correctly

It should show up in device manager like this (obviously it will be a little different to my board but you'll get the idea)

Click to enlarge

Back
Top Bottom