Massacre in Iraq

xguynameddavex said:
Please close this then for both of our sakes.
You still have twisted view on all this, now you think that some of the children were possibly those who normally bear arms aginst the allied forces, maybe, but they weren't on this occasion, that's the point, now, you are within a hair's breadth of a week or longer ban, strike two, don't let there be a strike three :mad:

It stays open, for now.

My military view on this is if this happened and its out as its out the gov will issue a investigation. And they will punish poeple severaly. But you have to understand the atmopshere which you work in. My cousins husband says one day you'll meet a man who'll send his son to get a bar of cholcate from you, the next he'll be aiming a AK-47 at you. Even kids, you can't exclude kids they know a grown man will have problems shooting a kid, so what not toss ak id out in there. Now if this was abuse or not IDK, if it was you can be assured poeple will be punished. The military will most lkely find a escape goat on this anyways.

You haven't been there nor have I you cna't be quick to jump to conclusions. This isn't a "normal" war. Your enemy don't wear uniforms they won't march together nor fight together they peak above roof tops let a few rounds loose and run, they plant a IDE and run. Granted if this was a convetial war i'd say otehr wise. But when your enemy and your freindlies wear the same clothes it can be difficult to see which one wants to kill you or not.

If it was murder, in cold blood where the marine was simply blood thisty then by all means hang him. If he can prove that there was evidence of a threat aganist them let him go, take him out of combat. You can't say Marines are blood thirsty bastards. Because you forget chain of command! My cousins husband once told me there have been times where he has been in a tank or somthing aiming at a hostile and he had to wait for premission to fire. Only those who have military exp can truly see this aspesct.

THis issue will be dealt with accordinaly i'm sure of it. Hell if you get ARRESTED FOR ANYTHING in the military the punishement is a full saturday or work NOT ONLY FOR YOU, but your entire shop. Also you get put in the paper under a section for troublemakers and its desrcibes what you did. The military will make examples if neccessary I assure you.

If the taliban/terrioists/insurgecents/crackheads would want to keep them from happening this is what they'd do, they'd get uniforms strap up and take us on 1 on1. Until they do civlians will die its a fact of this war.

This war was a mistake in the first place, but you can't simply take some widex and clean it up. Its a tough job, and America intends on finishing it. And not only america, Germany, Japan, India, France, Spain, and all the other coutnries help fund this war as well.

Edited, Google News link inoperative, try it yourselves, Iraq massacre item now in place, at least it is in the British version, if the US doesn't have it, you must draw your own conclusions why it isn't there, not inferring anything.

Brookfield said:
In starting this thread, I am fully aware that it is a very contentious subject, so, please, discussion only, no arguments, if there are, & I think they are getting getting out of hand,I will lock this thread.
As CF has a lot of US members, their comments will be interesting, but all join in, there will, of course be conflicting views, but keep your cool, no political or racial ranting please, I have got my own views on this, I may reveal them later, as the posts grow, but don't ask me beforehand, I simply won't be drawn, fair enough?
Facts, [so-called]; Allegedly twenty Iraqi's killed, men women & children, the youngest a two year old girl, I say allegedly, but apparently a named Marine was a witness, not of the killing, but of the aftermath, it's all over British TV, the blood, the wrapped bodies, the many bullet-holes in the interior walls etc. I hope that other countries are as liberal with their TV footage, as they are here.
No doubt one of the main issues discussed will be the length between the alleged incident, & yesterday's exposure, they are constantly updating reports on this at Google news, it's well worth a look, note, no smilies here, this is a serious subject, so no cries of "Wow, cool, man!" or the like, I've seen it before on serious subjects, so no idiots, OK?
can we get some more info, b/c it could be another radical political party over there... it may be other iraqi's and not americans, b/c you make it seem infered that way, so just give us more info...

more info... (although I agree the iraqi insurgents are more than prone to suicide bombing that kill both iraq people and the occupying forces -e.g british, italian and american soldiers [to name but a few]), it was definitly not the iraqi insurgents who carried out this atrocity.

Highlights from ft.com
the Bush administration is facing new allegations about atrocities, including the alleged murder of innocent Iraqis by marines.

The Pentagon is investigating claims that a group of marines went on the rampage last November after a colleague was killed in a roadside bomb, killing 24 Iraqi civilians, including young children, in cold blood. It is also probing charges that military officers attempted to cover up the slaughter, which happened in Haditha, a town in Anbar province.
After originally claiming that the Iraqis were killed by the roadside bomb, the military was forced to open a full investigation after Time magazine provided evidence, which suggested that the marines had acted without provocation in retaliation for the death of their unit member.
“One woman . . . was bending over her child, pleading for mercy, and they shot her in cold blood. That's the thing that is so disturbing,” Mr Murtha told ABC television
The New York Times reported yesterday that an initial Pentagon investigation found evidence to contradict the original claims that the Iraqis had been killed by the roadside bomb. It said the evidence included the fact that most of the Iraqis had gunshot wounds to the head and chest.
The US military yesterday denied allegations that soldiers had killed three civilians in Samarra. Separately, Reuters yesterday reported that a US-Iraqi investigation had found US soldiers this week killed two women “by mistake” who were travelling by taxi to a maternity hospital north of Baghdad.

Basically, pentagon investigation agrees that men, women and children were killed (shot in the head is basically execution), byt US marines, in retaliation to a roadside bomb...

Seems the US marines also execute pregnant women.

Executions are (at present) illegal - even in Iraq (they are especially illegal without trial).

so US soldiers are breaking US Laws, Iraqi laws, and the various laws that concern war (geneva convention).
and are publically executing civillians. and children, (including babies -born and unborn it seems).

regardless of whether your friend has been killed you should still be aware of who is the enemy, and these pregnant women and villigers etc are not the enemy...

And just in case you missed it the first time, there is no Taliban in iraq.
only various insurgent groups who wants more of a share in the power devoted to their particular sect.

take all of the patriotic bull (e.g. support the troups no matter what and the idea that the troups are fighting for freedoms).

people who systematically execute innocent people are no better than sadam hussain who is currently on trial for executing innocent people!

regardless of whether your friend has been killed you should still be aware of who is the enemy, and these pregnant women and villigers etc are not the enemy...

Um, a pregnant woman he jus tas easly strap a bomb strap and push a button... So can children.

We don't know all the facts yet. When its been proven it was cold blood murder tehn punish them accordinly.

recon 16 said:
can we get some more info, b/c it could be another radical political party over there... it may be other iraqi's and not americans, b/c you make it seem infered that way, so just give us more info...
More info?, I am simply an observer of the situation in Iraq, like millions of others round the globe, & have no special insight, I'm not a politician or a jounalist, for goodness sake!, I explained, didn't I, that I would try to remain neutral, please post, quoting where I inferred anything contraversial. :confused: :(

You've opened up a good can of worms.
Hmmm, yes I have, haven't I?, so much for me remaining neutral!....like the way you resisted the urge to insert a smilie, as I said it's too serous an issue for that, thanks, I felt I had to comment on some of the posts, they were way out of line, I agree with 99% of your observations though, note, no "big grin" smilie here.

Another reported incident, happened in March; 11 allegedly killed by US troops, including a baby a few months old, now, I'm not judging this either way, but the saying, "no fire without smoke", springs to mind, so maybe, just maybe............................

Deathstar said:
Hmmm, yes I have, haven't I?, so much for me remaining neutral!....like the way you resisted the urge to insert a smilie, as I said it's too serous an issue for that, thanks, I felt I had to comment on some of the posts, they were way out of line, I agree with 99% of your observations though, note, no "big grin" smilie here.
I totally disown this post, it is not what I posted in the slightest, it has been edited to reflect absolutely nothing of the original context without rhyme, reason or even comprehension of the difference between the REPLY TO and the EDIT buttons.

I DID NOT POST THIS

Back
Top Bottom